Von Schrader... ??? really....??

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Check this out!

If you think Chemwho is against steam cleaners, read under "steam cleaning disadvantages".

I know bob rock will come around to defend....

I know the von schrader system- i have used it for a couple of years, every day!

These guys try to make people believe they invented the dry foam system.

http://www.tonysbestway.com

They need to realize that there is, in fact a lot of agitation before steam cleaning, if one uses a 175 or an OP or Cimex or any CRB.

They do get pretty defensive when I ask about their deal, why can't steam cleaners defend their side???

ps: I do like the website design! But that's about it...

Name
jack zerkie
I guess Mr.Von schrader has improved or the chemicial has. I used it over 25 yrs. ago on a old shag carpet. The job was a move out on a bouble wide then.I used the von schrader on the large room, using the chems as listed. After the von schrader I used my portable to extract and rinse half of the room with water only, the left and came back the next day.Suprise the extracted side looked great, so I extracted the other side to match. Then I purchased 175 rotary and used steam extraction liquid in the rotary tank and then water extraction. This kept me going until my first truckmount. Still have the rotary and RX 20- Rotary dri master- Roto vacand use them all for each special job. jack z.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
The answer is no- the von schrader has not improved. The newer ones are the same as the older. I used one that was like 25-30 years old. It actually was working better for me then the brand new one (in 2001).

It's still a joke....

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
You have to appreciate the marketing and positioning they are using. "Unique", "specially mixed Tonys Best Way wonder solution" etc, the words they use would sell the ill-informed customer.

"Hypo-oxygen sanitizer" other wise known to the educated as either Ozone or Hydrogen Peroxide.

They also don't really perform any pre-dry extraction, ie prevacuuming. 2. After we take care of the furnishings in the room we are about to clean, we scan the entire area for loose soil. When we find it we will then proceed to professionally vacuum and even sweep out corners and sides by hand to further prepare the room for cleaning.

Encapsulation solutions, from the few times I've tried them and based on what I've been hearing are far superior to the VS method. I can't see a vacuum being able to suck up all that foam and its residue, esp since its most likely only a highspeed 2 stage vac that has to cover a 14inch path.

And like all the ChemDri miss-marketing, they compare themselves to the worst of the HWE industry and are totally unaware of all the new innovations in equipment, chemistry, and methodology that we are utilizing today.

I've often thought of writing direct rebuttals on my website, taking the miss-information and explaining via words and video how their information is self serving. As I've heard some one say years ago, if a VS machine or a bonnet or OP machine or a Rug Dr can out clean a TM HWE machine then I am a fool to spend $50,000 PLUS when less than $10000 would give me all I need, and would require less effort. So many times I hear "as long as it looks clean to the customer", well, if thats my goal, why do I have $50000 of equipment parked in my driveway? Why would ANY low price aesthetic cleaner use a TM?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I was amazed by the amount of BS they were able to load their pages with!

Ron you said it right- great effort from a marketing point of view but horribly misleading and self serving and not completely truthful about the industry as a whole..

DavidVB

Have you ever seen any truck mount owners characterize VLM cleaners based on the worst of them? Have untrue statements ever been made that VLM doesn't remove soil calling those cleaners "dirt swirlers".

I see no benefit to being concerned with whatever claims and accusations others make.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Actually, of all the VLM methods, the VS machine is the only one I've seen that actually does "extract", or try to.

If all one did was state the basics of the procedure, which method would sound like it perform better?

Apply an absorbant powder to the carpet, scrub it in so it breaks the soils off the carpet and absorbs the soil, then the powder is vacuumed out.

Apply a light spray to the carpet, buff with a cotten pad which absorbs the soils and moisture

Apply a light spray to the carpet, scrub it in with a rotational or CRB machine, allow to dry and vacuum out the encapsulating crystals.

Apply a "dry foam" to the carpet, scrub it in and extract.

Apply a prespray to the carpet, scrub it in, rinse and extract with a HWE machine

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
thats what my dad used back in the day....

So i used it 25ish yrs ago...thought about modifying 1 to be a prescrubber, or a glorified encapper

20 yrs ago is when he quit using them, when the shit wasnt breaking down in restaurants :roll:

then went to portys :roll: low end at that...

damn the trail i have come to be here

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
DavidVB said:
I see no benefit to being concerned with whatever claims and accusations others make.

That is the truth. Let them do what they do. I used to use a VS 11 (the upholstery deterger) to clean upholstery, and I attached a Kleenrite upholstery tool to their vac end, hooking up to the customer's faucet for the solution line. Worked good. Von Schrader would have you just dry vac their crap out of the fabric. Obviously that didn't sit well with "this" steam cleaner, so I rinsed it out with water.
But you have to respect Von Schrader's place in our industry. Many thousands of people became carpet cleaners as a result of their ads in magazines back in the 50's and 60's. There's was an excellent way for someone to become self employed and do a decent job before the advent of steam cleaning in the 70s.

A

amazingcleansc

Rug FAQ

1. I heard that rugs should be washed with lots of water; why?

This actually was valid rug-cleaning advice 1-2 generations ago. Back then, rug cleaners obviously didnt have the benefit of modern technological advances, and water was readily available. In addition, the soil they cleaned out of rugs was what we call today clean dirt. That is, it was soil that did not have the oily, commercial atmospheric pollutants (that oxidize fabric) that we see in rugs today. These pollutants are very hard to remove. See here for more on why we at Tonys Best Way do not use much water in our cleaning method today.

nice. they even prefer to clean rugs at your home they say.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
DavidVB said:
Have you ever seen any truck mount owners characterize VLM cleaners based on the worst of them? Have untrue statements ever been made that VLM doesn't remove soil calling those cleaners "dirt swirlers".

I have no issues with VLM...I personally use VLM all the time

My problem is with this...:How would Harper say it...?? TruTH iN aDverTIsing....

Name
Eric Valentine
There is a blatant misuse of a prefix on his site that has been carried into this thread. Has anyone else caught onto it yet?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom