Vortex box lights

Mikey P

Administrator
First one then the other went out. Along with the light on the toggle switch on my dash.

I checked all the fuses in the cab and the set outside next to the air filter...
Any where else I can look?

The UD guy in Utah jumped ship, the new guy had no clue.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If your bulbs are good and your lights are good then you are losing a ground some where...I would not think it is a fuse because then you would of lost them all....I have never really looked at mine because I have never turned them on sense I have got the truck...but I can tell you that most of them are mounted on a non grounded surface and have to be physically grounded...don't forget..the bed is non conductive .....they are wired in series on the hot side but I noticed the grounds on some are separate......this is going off of my truck.....yours may be wired different.....I don't have a toggle for a switch I have a non lighted rocker...but the basic principle should still be the same........

Chads

Supportive Member
No. 1 reason lights stop working is like what Jim said, Bad ground.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
you might want to call Summit here in Portland, they probably built the box

Jeff Rike is the production manager
503-283-2030

Mikey P

Administrator
Fixed!

2 problems

My dash switch was getting power from the cluster of unused accessory hook ups that dangle above the driver's left foot. That source died for what ever reason so I now have it wired to the Cigarette lighter's power.

When that source died it killed the switch as well.

Thanks to Jim Martin the World's Most Helpful Mikey Boarder for walking me through it.

Shane

Mikey P said:
Fixed!

Thanks to Jim Martin the World's Most Helpful Mikey Boarder for walking me through it.

Jim pwns!!
A bit of a stalker, but a great guy! :mrgreen:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
..Wait till I get to Colorado in July......you better board up your windows........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom