Vortex Fuel Burn.......

R

R W

I know there is no machine better than the Vortex, blah, blah, blah.....but, just how much diesel does the Great One burn per hour? And I also realize you can clean with 10 wands at once, but, just how many GPH does the Vortex burn? Not that I really care or that I have been pricing one, but just how much fuel usage could a reasonable Vortex cleaner expect to consume, say, in an hours time?

.....just because diesel is about $3.60 a gal 'round here.

R

R W

Well, Rocky....that sounds about like my Genesis 59 and Chevy 2500/6 ltr.

Only the Genny burns more like 3 GPH.

D

David Day

About 2 gal hour on Hi 17 inchs vacuum. But on high you should be running 2 wands, rx-20 etc. Easy to clean $200.00+ hour so fuel does not seem so bad. If I run 16 inchs vacuum with 1 wand (about 1400 rpm) it only burns 1 1/2 gal hour. I have a 2007 HAT with blower heat exchanger. I set temp @ 240 and it holds even with 2 rx-20"s.

If the carpet doesn't have enough challenge to be fun, it just a job!
David Day

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
if diesel is that high then regular gas can't be far behind, I paid $3.34 today and regular was $2.89

From what I am experiencing, Rocky isn't to far off but it is about the same as the 1 ton cargo van and Thermal Wave II I was using

I drove form Prescott, Arizona to Portland, Oregon and at one point got 14 miles per gallon but I was babying the gas pedal

My last tank I was a little higher then Ron, I was at $2050 for $83 in diesel but also used about 500 gallons of water

I have been running at 1700rpm. may try 1500 and see how it does for gas

R

R W

Just a little curious at the fuel burn rate. If you have a Vortex, you should easily do $150-$200 hour, unless you're in Santa Cruz.......

I think we have about 3 running around the Youngstown/Warren area here in Ohio. I don't know what year they are or what model, but you know they're in the neighborhood at least 3 blocks from where they are running. Obviously pre-sound proofed models.....

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
my is no more louder then any slide in or CDS, you can carry on a conservation standing next to it, I also insulated and carpeted my box, this also cut down on the noise

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Ok ,great question...

Now here we went 96 miles total tonight...Filled before the on ramp for the high way...

Cleaned one hour and 10 minutes...

Came back and topped off...Just 9 and a half gallons...

Now I did go about 16 miles longer down due to bad info...

Also carried full tank of h2o.Which I never do...

But with this new lid.I made...I keep it at 1450 rpms...She loafs,but the vacuum is insane...

But never over 1.7 gallons if that an hour...More like about 1 gallon and a quarter...

But like they said above about 15 bucks average per tank...Ain't bad...

How many gallons do they hold?

Is Mike still using Bio Diesel ?

Mikey P

Administrator
I use Bio about half the time.

One of the stations closed so it's not always practical to get it.

Fuel runs 4% of my total income on average.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I am at about 9% of my gross on fuel. I swear my machine burns 2+gallons an hour. I cleaned on a big job last night and I burned 1/2 a tank....GAH!

Greenie

Those slide ins can burn some juice that is for sure...most guys burn more than they realize...until their monthly fuel bill comes in the mail at $1000 and they start to think about that diesel running two wands on $8 hr. starts sounding good.

Back
Top Bottom