Vortex owners after reading

Mikey P

Administrator
from who?

V buyer's guide

A Venturi 777 for anything more than 8 to ten grand. Chances are you'll dump another 20 into it and still have a beater truck just waiting for the next big thing to go bad.

A Peterson unit. No spare parts and no one to ask questions

A 720/6008 unless it's a low mile, well maintained UD, the fresh tank is solid, the Xenthenm system including the exhaust divertor have been well maintained and are fully functional, does not have a early FMI silencer, the blower bearings are sound and the belts have not been ran too tight. You must be willing to drive the UD that rides like crap and wont get out of it's own way and has very few warranty centers. A tip top shape unit is worth 40K to 50K in a good economy. Beater units are worth 25 or less IMO.

7000HATS from Aerotech Or Blueline unless the fresh tank proves to be fine (for now) and the UD's faults are something you can live with. 60 grand tops for a near mint unit.

8000Qs- Must be willing to wrench on the HX often and have a fondness for undoing gobs of bolts to do regular maintenance. Isuzu trucks drive much better, have more power and have many warranty centers. 70 tops for NM.

I would love for Adam Hale to add some commentary on this.

LeeCory

Nothing wrong with a salesman trying to sell his machines.

But the one thing that I read once that didn't sit well with me was the suggestion that someone should cash in their 401k to raise the cash.

That's just wrong armed with the knowledge that a large percentage of start-up businesses go under.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
for the age of the trucks they have very low hrs. I guess the big truck mystique didn't bring in tons of work after all. they must not be getting their fair share of walk-ups. Even with all the bad press from Mike and others I still want one. I have looked twice in the past and was going to look at the 8000Q.

gene

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
wow wonder when that 2008 8000q for a whooping $95,000.00 is going to sell.

looks like a killer setup for sure, just not sure it will sell for $95,000.

A

amazingcleansc

dealtimeman said:
wow wonder when that 2008 8000q for a whooping $95,000.00 is going to sell.

looks like a killer setup for sure, just not sure it will sell for $95,000.

Its okay for them to dream. is that 8000 q in a 6 cylinder? that would be pretty cool.

Name
George Valliant
From an O/O perspective it's NICE to work from behind the wheel of a big truck!! Can't imagine going back to cargo van again.

A lot of personal satifaction came from restoring that Venturi project.

New? Now you're talking big bucks!!!

When the time comes, if my health holds up and I'm still working in the field, I'd very seriously consider it...

A

amazingcleansc

I havent even put 20 in my Venturi 777 yet. I've put about 17K in it, TOTAL and that includes replacing the engine. I estimate I'm 2 grand away from it working 100%.

I have put a lot of late man hours into it though. When I get done, I know I will be able to work on anything in it without paying anyone AND have a Vortex.

The things in it that are less than a year old.

The engine has been replaced with an 80k mile delivery truck engine. I didn't pay extra to have it rebuilt because it was in fantastic shape.
The tranny was rebuilt in november before i got it.
The PTO (red box) was replaced in march
The Cat Pump (october)
The box has been repainted and repaired, and the wheels have been repainted.

All I need to do now to have it 100% is put an E3 on it and fill it up with some Xen.

I don't think there is much else that can go wrong than that.

If I wouldn't have had to replace the engine, I'd have 13,500 in it.

I don't think you can find any turn key package remotely this good for anywhere near 20.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
LeeCory said:
But the one thing that I read once that didn't sit well with me was the suggestion that someone should cash in their 401k to raise the cash.

Let's just hope Shawn only conned one fool into doing that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom