Vortex Owners.......Insurance

R

R W

Just curious......how does the Vortex insurance (business and vehicle) stack up to your other TM's?? Does the size of the truck and weight affect the insurance rates on the truck?? I'm sure most insurance companies combine the Vortex and truck as one unit, since they are not separable, as a slide in unit could be insured.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the insurance was based on value and has nothing to do with the business
(that's totally separate)

the coverage and everything was the same as my CDS......... but the value of the vortex is more so it made it higher

on both units it was rated as truck and equipment.

as far as we know weight played no factor at all........

Name
Kevin McCreary
My insurance was $400 a year cheaper than a Chevy express 3500. They explained why but I don't recall what they said. I have heard other people say they have had similar experiences with the V and AT.

Scott Rogers

Weight class is factored into the rate .

Value is factored into the rate

Vehicle class history ( likely to be stolen or raced, etc.) and repair cost are factored into the rate.

My policy covers my van and all mounted equipment. Wands, uph tools and other loose accessories would require riders.

Dual rear wheels also put you in a higher bracket.

R

R W

Kevin......$400 isn't much in the scope of things for an insurance increase. I'm sure it also depends on your driving record....

Becker

Name
Becker
The way I read it the van was $400 more than the V.

That's amazing!

I had a f150 pickup, xlt gas. I then bought a f250 lariat diesel. It was $300 more per year.

I was rated safer in the bigger truck, but the cost of repair was higher for the f250, plus the bigger rig often does more damage to the other party.

I have never been charged with a accident, or gotten a moving violation.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
my payment went up $25 per month, I have Zurich

if you get a vin # then you agent/broker can run a quote

this is what I did before I bought the machine, I was kind of shocked that the rate didn't jump that much, helped make the decision to purchase

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I'm paying about $1000 / yr for auto ins that also covers everything that is attached in the box. Loose items require a marine policy.

Is that the ballpark the rest of you are in? I know we are higher in FL thanks to all the old farts around here, but they are starting to leave now??

bc

Back
Top Bottom