Vortex owners....

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
If you are only single wanding and are on a job that you dont need the greatest dry times (Such as a vacant rental), do any of you guys just run your machine at idle to save fuel? If so, how does it work? i would think that a V at idle would out suck alot of slide ins, but I am just guessin.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't own a V but I was told that operating at idle puts stress on the pump.
Although the manual suggests running at a lower rpm for upholstery?

anyone know about this?..

Sorry to hijack your thread bro.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Why would you not want the carpet to dry as fast as possible? Why would you want to leave it wet for hours reguardless of your reasoning

while running in the driveway the V burns no more fuel then any other bigger blower machine, please read that last comment over again
and it really isn't that much worse then any gas powered V8, over loaded cargo van going down the road :roll:

when we only single wand I turn the rpm down to 1400/1500 as opposed to running at 1700 with dual wands

Brian said:
operating at idle puts stress on the pump.
would that not be true with any machine Brian

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
steve frasier said:
Why would you not want the carpet to dry as fast as possible? Why would you want to leave it wet for hours reguardless of your reasoning

while running in the driveway the V burns no more fuel then any other bigger blower machine, please read that last comment over again
and it really isn't that much worse then any gas powered V8, over loaded cargo van going down the road :roll:

when we only single wand I turn the rpm down to 1400/1500 as opposed to running at 1700 with dual wands

Brian said:
operating at idle puts stress on the pump.
would that not be true with any machine Brian

That was the question. It was more in reference to my machine. Is it a bad idea to run at a lower RPM?

Name
Ron lippold
I let that mother scream why not make as much noise as possible, I got six walk ups today at a strip club they girls wanted to know if i did trades, they have three of them and Im planing on being busy, booked 7800 sq ft on the 9th floor it will be a 600 foot hose run

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I would not do that on my AT.

Everything is designed to operate at 1600 rpms. I may run it at 1500 on a 2 or 3 hose run. But in your case presented, would run it normal and not take any dry strokes. No need to.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Ron Lippold said:
I let that mother scream why not make as much noise as possible, I got six walk ups today at a strip club they girls wanted to know if i did trades, they have three of them and Im planing on being busy, booked 7800 sq ft on the 9th floor it will be a 600 foot hose run

Ron, you are the best...........................LMAO. By the way, encap it!!

Name
BradFenstermaker
You should always run at operating speed to insure plenty of flow in the tranny. Low speeds at idle will not pump enough tranny fluid and do premature damage.

Mike Draper

BradFenstermaker said:
You should always run at operating speed to insure plenty of flow in the tranny. Low speeds at idle will not pump enough tranny fluid and do premature damage.

Maybe I'm missing something..............does the vortex run off the tranny, not a clutch driveline??

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikeyxj8 said:
BradFenstermaker said:

Maybe I'm missing something..............does the vortex run off the tranny, not a clutch driveline??

it has an honest to gosh PTO transfer case I believe.
Nothing like the electric clutch and drive shaft powered by the van engine serpentine belt of "regular" direct drive TMs.
You'd smoke those trying to drive a V/AT blower

side note on the fuel usage.
Anthony, in the SwapmeAt room on the "3 Vortex units for sale" thread, Walt Bush mentioned he uses 1.5 to 2gph depending on which mode.
I have no reason not to believe him.
That's pretty stingy fuel usage for a blower that size.
Matter of fact, that's as good or better than most all "normal" single wand direct drive TMs

..L.T.A.

Walt

Getting an accurate read on a fuel usage can be difficult. Not impossible, but open to error. I've checked mine a couple of times and came out with the numbers I posted. I am sure that if you crank the lift up like a lot of V owners do, fuel usage will go up. Also, those numbers are based on running 2.5 hose. Which seems to lower the load on the engine a little.

Repy to the question: Yes you can do it. I've done it a number of times - not totally in idle though. I've run it at as low as 1000rpm in a noise sensitive situations cleaning carpet. I frequently run it at 1300 rpm on short runs single wanding.

Here's what happens - as I understand it. The blower doesn't create as much lift or CFM, thus not putting as much load on the engine and transmission. I was told by Shawn York, and an engineer at FMI Trucks that this was not a problem. That's what I am going on. Hope I'm right :|

G

i run a v and have tried both just let her go the money you make if your an experienced pro will not even be an issue plus the blower seems to just run better and yes also the pump the truck is barely working the way it is

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom