Vortex patent???

Ryan

What exactly is patented? I mean aerotech makes superior units to the Vortex without breaching the patent, (I'm assuming since mr.sue happy hasn't sued them yet.

And now he is making slide ins? How does a patent on a PTO unit apply to slide in units?

Maybe he just has the Vortex trademark back? Which is basically just a meaningless logo?

Any of you guys planning on paying 40k plus for a tm with a 47 blower?

Ryan

The special proprietary xentherm stuff that is actually brake fluid! LOL nice patent Yorkie.

I thought the AT trucks had more heat anyways? Can someone humor me and explain why this patent is special?

Name
John LaBarbera
Ryan said:
The special proprietary xentherm stuff that is actually brake fluid! LOL nice patent Yorkie.

I thought the AT trucks had more heat anyways? Can someone humor me and explain why this patent is special?

If you pay an attorney enough money, you can patent your smile. If you don't believe me, ask chem dry.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
the importance comes into play in cold weather climates. because the htf does not freeze, it is pump freely without concern to and thru the e-3 to collect heat and up to the e-2 to transfer or exhange the heat to the water it never lets the solution lines freeze even in the coldest temps.

that is not what makes the big trucks heat great though, it is the large preheat stainless freshy that accomplishes the heat through a very efficient e-1.

this was one of the mistakes on the 8000q.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

There are 2 kinds of patents. 1. A Design Patent covers only the featured shape of a machine. 2. A Utility Patent covers the way a machine works, and Yorkie has a full Utility Patent covering not just the fluid, but the way the exhaust heat is transferred to the solution by means of a heat transfer fluid.

There are also full Utility Patents that have been written so loosely that the owner thinks he has something that he does not. And that appears to be the case with Chem Dry. Also I had a discussion with the inventor of a “high flow” extractor that believes he patented anything that flows high, LOL. I had a full Utility Patent on a carpet wand that I sold to White Magic. It operates in a mechanical fashion to do what glides now do even better, so it will probably be put to rest. But it taught me the patent process.

BTW heat transfer fluids are plentiful, they’re similar, but Xentherm is not “brake fluid”. Bill Calvert had me to rebuild a 07 Vortex. We saw how expensive that the Xentherm was, so we contacted a chemical co, and bought a like fluid with the same or better transfer capability for abut ½ price. It works just fine, and mixes with Xentherm.

Thx,
Dale

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ryan said:
Any of you guys planning on paying 40k plus for a tm with a 47 blower?

If the $29-34K price figure is anywhere near accurate for a 47 blowered TM, Yaps will have to find a manufacture that has no current knowledge/experience ...or bankroll the thing.

I just can't see many experienced TM manufactures waiting in line to invest "their" money in it.

..L.T.A.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Guys:

I have not taken the time to read about why there’s a disagreement with Vortex here, and won’t. IMO. Yorkie has a patent that means something. It’s pretty easy to heat solution with exhaust. What makes his patent unique is what I’d think every PTO mfg that mounts in a van needs. And that’s safe fume- free heat. The AreoTex gets away with it because the machine and possible fume leaks are away from the driver.

Sincerely,
Dale

Ryan

Dale said:
Hi Guys:

I have not taken the time to read about why there’s a disagreement with Vortex here, and won’t. IMO. Yorkie has a patent that means something. It’s pretty easy to heat solution with exhaust. What makes his patent unique is what I’d think very PTO mfg that mounts in a van needs. And that’s safe fume- free heat. The AreoTex gets away with it because the machine and possible fume leaks are away from the driver.

Sincerely,
Dale

I have no problem with York, I just didn't understand what kind of patent he could have had that could be applied to both a slide in and PTO unit. Aerotech uses a oil heating system similar to his except it gets hotter. Some claim its heat can get excessive and cause major issues. I have a hard time believeing a company like Cintas would have bought 90 areotechs if that was a major concern.

Name
Jesse
I thought an AT was your typical exhaust hx?

Cintas turns out some of the lowest quality T&G cleaning I've seen (3 jobs now). Unless I was into warewash I wouldn't follow Cintas.

Ryan

I could have swore I read somewhere that they used oil of some kind. I guess I was wrong though, it looks like they just use an exhaust HX.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Yes, AT is straight exhaust to solution. As such, I think it would be unsafe in anything except where the machine is mounted separate from the cab. I anticipate seeing Vortex oil transfer on a slide-in, because it surely costs more to make a Vortex type heat exchanger. But whether it produces reliable heat on a slide-in is yet to be proven. Of course with a slide-ins there is not the fume issue, because the motor only runs when it’s cleaning.

I would think that the new Saffire heat exchanger would be the one for reliability. I wonder if they can do it on a PTO, that’s installed in a van?

Sincerely,
Dale

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom