Vortex PTO

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Hi hope your all having a great holiday and expecting a great new year. I pulling together some spare parts for my 2000 vortex 777 and wanted to get a spare pto. i know its a
Parker Chelsea 270 series but i need the actual part number or specs. Mine is buried and has no part plate on it to get numbers.

Thanks.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I was able to find my pto tag. what does the "JF" Or "KU" indicate?

270ADJFP-b5XD

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
It indicates the "Input Gear Designator"

KU means it meshes with an Aisin MY600 or Dodge AS68RC trans with the two gears having 36 and 24 teeth. It looks like the 36 tooth gear meshes with an identical gear in the trans. The 24 tooth gear and the 47 tooth output gear forms the gear ratio - 24/47 or 1:0.5. JF is not listed in any of the literature I could find. I assume this means it is either discontinued or a custom one-off arrangement, but that's just a guess. What trans do you have?

PTO1.jpg
PTO2.jpg
PTO3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The one I listed above is correct and in fact the same pto unit that is on Mikey's new Aerotech, as they use almost Identical ( newer trannsmisions have more electronics and such) transmissions as used with the very first vortex.

Proven track record with almost no maintanace to the the actual pto main unit.

They switched years ago to the adkup raising efficiency and percentage of power transfer.

Reactions: dgardner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom