Vortex rigs popping up cheap all over

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Started this thread to show some vortexes I keep seeing pop up around the country. They all seem to be going for low prices. Has the day of the beast passed? Is the need so low now that they can't even give these things away? Has California ruined it for everyone with their diesel smog laws? It is Cintas fault for flooding the market with their used beat up equipment?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224616958952?hash=item344c36cbe8:g:78oAAOSwLnhhSMC9

Reactions: LCCFL

FredC

Village Idiot
It's a close to 20 year old machine with what is effectively 250k miles on the platform. Still worth 20%? of it original cost. Is that really cheap? There has to be some tiering on the used market.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
It's a close to 20 year old machine with what is effectively 250k miles on the platform. Still worth 20%? of it original cost. Is that really cheap? There has to be some tiering on the used market.
I think is. I blurr my eyes at mileage. Maybe because I know how to fix stuff so I’m not scared. I don’t enjoy it, but i can do it.

Name
Swani
Started this thread to show some vortexes I keep seeing pop up around the country. They all seem to be going for low prices. Has the day of the beast passed? Is the need so low now that they can't even give these things away? Has California ruined it for everyone with their diesel smog laws? It is Cintas fault for flooding the market with their used beat up equipment?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224616958952?hash=item344c36cbe8:g:78oAAOSwLnhhSMC9
I was puzzled by this myself. I've seen several for sale. Is there some type of expensive maintenance that needs to be done?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
@Nomad74 Beware- Diesels 2010 and earlier are illegal in CA and you wont be able to register them. Also, parts for the chassis may be Very very difficult to get parts for.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
@Nomad74 Beware- Diesels 2010 and earlier are illegal in CA and you wont be able to register them. Also, parts for the chassis may be Very very difficult to get parts for.
I know. Thats why I mentioned it in my OP. Hey. I’ll be in Lafayette this weekend. Come rescue me.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Also. I would never own a box truck in Ca. They are all up your ass with DOT and Motor Carrier Permits. Then you also have to stop at the scales. Mikey got away with it in Santa Cruz, but not up here in Redding. My employee had the CHP all over him when he was running a box truck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Papa John

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Also. I woild never own a box truck in Ca. They all all up your ass with DOT a s Motor Carrier Permits. Then you also have to stop at the scales. Mikey got away with it in Santa Cruz, but not up here in Redding. My employee had the CHP all over him when he was running a box truck.
Did you ever look at the difference between interstate and intrastate dot? Over here, if you're intrastate, you don't have to stop at the scales. It's worth researching, because it's the only thing keeping me from switching to a van

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Did you ever look at the difference between interstate and intrastate dot? Over here, if you're intrastate, you don't have to stop at the scales. It's worth researching, because it's the only thing keeping me from switching to a van
Tell that to the CHP that pulls you over with a jump scale and wants to see your MCP. I'm telling you, Ca is a different world. We can't even clean air ducts or pressure wash legally without a contractors license.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
they sure ain't no vette
but that zero to 60 in 27 seconds acceleration would be interesting
merging into the bicycle lane

.L.T.A.

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom