Vortex rpm switch info

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I did a little digging around and I am 90% sure that the switch is a Omron sealed limit plunger switch........similar to this one....

834-4143.jpg

I looked at mine and I could only see half the numbers on it to trace the right one down....If the weather holds out and it don't rain this weekend I have a few things I want to do on the truck and I will pull the switch off and try to get all the numbers off of it.....

I figured that if you were having problems with yours and can not find one..sooner or later mine will take a dump and I want to have a spare or 2 laying on the shelf....................

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Re: Mike..

on that model it is a roller button switch..works the same just has 2 different type functions....I have to get the rest of the numbers to locate the push button type we have.........

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

good stuff jim, i dont have that but it would be a great find for those that do have tose on their trucks and where to get them from.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

It took me over an hour....3 scraped knuckles and a boat load of cuss words.but here it is......

D4C-1631 Omron switch........

Here is where you can find one....

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/dksea ... e=Z2720-ND

you will notice the extra blue wire.this is normal...If you look inside your cable they clipped this one off because it is not being used......Make sure that you wire it the same.....
the red is normally closed and the blue is normally open...we don't use the blue....

and it is not called a Engine RPM sensor like the Vortex book says......there is no indication what so ever that this reads the RPM's .......it is nothing but a miniature Pre-wired enclosed limit switch...that breaks the circuit so you cant start the machine under a full load....and it is a bitch to get off........

IMG_4835.jpg

IMG_4834.jpg

IMG_4831.jpg

the only thing that I am not sure of is the cable length...I don't know what the standard is on this switch..I did not check...you might want to get a rough idea of how long yours is and contact them..............

everyone one else that runs these switches might want to write these numbers down ...It is located under the cab of the UD....they mounted a bracket for this switch and it comes off the accelerator linkage...drivers side......

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

that is what i thought jim as it would be a stretch for the switch to actually read the diesels rpms. it has a basic operation, and that is if that washer is not holding the wheel or pin at the top of the switch down or in, it will not link the circuit and not let the machine turn on.

if you are an o/o and are not going to have a dumbarss running your machine, you should just jump the wires and forget about the switch.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

if you are an o/o and are not going to have a dumbarss running your machine, you should just jump the wires and forget about the switch.

Little risky....even for the O/O...there has been a few times I have gotten side tracked and did not set the cheat switch on my alarm system and after an hour the machine shut down...when I had realized what I had did and had to reset the system....I would try to turn it on and had forgot to unload the RPM's......we get side tracked to easy concentrating on other things and it will only take one time to forget and start it up under a full load.....then the cost will be more then a limit switch...........

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

i say that jim because there has to be at least fifty 777 that are still in the field and none of them to my knowledge have this limit switch. i have been running almost two years now with both of mine and no problem up to now.

Name
BradFenstermaker
You the man Jim, thanks for checkin it out. Will check mine next time I crap my pants raising the cab. LOL

I have cranked the truck and the idle was way to high, racing when stopped. Rolled up the door and my RPM throttle was out on the Unit. Must have been moving it with truck off for some reason.

Reminds me, for everyone with Big truck " Never turn off the unit with vac hose's connected at full speed. Thought someone shot at me when both my wastetank lids hit the roof of the box.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom