Vortex waste tank lid needs new gasket.

Mikey P

Administrator
Other then doing a lid swap with AT what are my choices?

Mine finally went.

I also sprung my first leak in my Freshy.

And my PTO won't turn on unless I have the engine running now.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Mikey see if you have a rubber/gasket shop in your area. We have two here that I will check with to redo mine.

They can cut a fresh gasket and replace.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
Other then doing a lid swap with AT what are my choices?

Mine finally went.

I also sprung my first leak in my Freshy.

And my PTO won't turn on unless I have the engine running now.

Hate when that happens...funny stuff

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Mike, there is a new gasket design from vortex. I have been using a new tank with a new extruded neoprene gasket that was made last month. I think it will solve the gasket problem once and for all. I installed a tank this morning that my welder retrofitted with the new system. I will post photos if you could help me with Photobucket. :wink:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Mike:

I used the same gasket on mine that Duane puts on his filter boxes. It's very durable and cheap, considering the alternative. Call Doodaddy at 1-678-887-1226.

Or ... go over to the *** board and PM him.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Here are the pictures
100_1278.jpg

100_1277.jpg

100_1276.jpg

Name
BradFenstermaker
Jim told me about the Semi-Truck tire tube trick.

Get one and stretch it over the tank then place the lid on it.

Sealed mine up just fine.

Picked my tubes up from a river tubing company, they have lots with holes.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Hmmm ... my waste tank does not have that same style. Mine is just a hard, single edged top. Perfect for Duane's gasket, but not for a tank made like that.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Nice thing about river tubing is that there is no engine to start, it's just a big "O" Ring.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I had to replace mine, they didn't glue it well enough IMO

Chuck sent me new rubber and glue

I scraped out the old glue and cleaned with nail polish remover then filled the entire channel with new glue before inserting the new gasket

been fine ever since

get Martin to come over and put in a Round AT tank

G

Fresh water tank leaking?What a suprise.You guys should all get together for a recall on that tank.

Greenie

Ron's tank mod is awesome, If you have a decent fabricator in your area, it would be worth having that L channel bent and welded in, that closed cell dense rubber is gonna outlast everything I've seen to date, there is nothiing to cut, the flat of the lid mates against the flat of the channel/gasket.

Did Ron say that BLUEline was doing this NOW? Then you could order the ring and have it welded in locally, like my Reel Splitter.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
call yorkie and tell him you need a lid gasket, after all he was the one who sold you the machine

steve g

Name
steve garrett
sorry mikey I couldn't resist, some duct tape will get you by until you figure out something, with the round bottom and external filters you shouldn't need to get in there much.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
go down to your local truck stop shop and get a inter tube....take the lid off the waste tank and stretch the tube around the tank and then put the lid back on and pull the tube over the edges....this will create a perfect seal until you get it fixed......... ( OK Waldo move my ass up that list ).....I really like Ron Beatty tank seal design

The only positive thing I can tell you on the fresh tank leak is that they are worth a little over $400 at the scrap yard.........

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Greenie said:
Did Ron say that BLUEline was doing this NOW? Then you could order the ring and have it welded in locally, like my Reel Splitter.

Yes Ron helped us with the perfect fix.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I talked to Chuck on Friday, He told me that he would have the rings and gaskets in stock for existing customer as an upgrade. This repair will take about 4 hours to complete. Once it is done it won't have to be done again. :lol: And by the way Adam and all the people at Blueline really stand behind everything they sell. !!!!!!!!!!

gasaxe

here is a inexpensive easy solution. Not as long term as welding the ring as
shown above, but does work well. I got the black trim plastic from a autobody supply
house. The black hose is 1/4" fuel line slit to fit over the plastic piece. The plastic
helps to keep the rubber fuel hose from being cut through from the
weight/compression from vaccum that the lid places on it.

Ive got a easy way to slit the fuel hose if your interested in doing it this way.
you can cut yourself in a bad way if your not carefull.

vortex002.jpg

vortex003.jpg

vortex004.jpg

vortex005.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
That is pretty much what I purchased from Duane. Only difference is, Duane's stuff has a metal clip inside the holds the shape and clips onto the tank edge.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
The metal reinforcement is pretty necessary, if you're going around 90- degree turns (like the corners of a rectangular tank), to stay in position.

You have to trim out a piece about an inch long on the inside of the part that goes around the corner. And from there, it fits well and stays in place.

Duane

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom