Vortex Water Pump

hogjowl

Idiot™
What kind of pump is on this thing. Is it a CAT 5 cp? I have no manual or info. I serviced my V today and checked the pump oil. The cap has split apart and I had almost no oil in the pump. I think I can super glue the cap together but I need to get a new one asap. Who would likey have this part available to ship out on Monday?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Cat 5 cp3120.....

Cats phone number ...Phone: 763-780-5440

If they can't help you let me know and I can pull the cap off the old one out in the shop and send it to you.........

My freight and phone bill would be cheaper if you would just move to Tucson.....

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Marty.

The caps are crap ...they give up the ghost pretty easy...

In a pinch....you can buy a pvc plug or reducer...MAKE SURE YOU "VENT" THE CAP...

If you choose the PLUG...drill a small hole in it...

If you go with a series of reducers....Make sure the last reducer is VENTED...

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
admiralclean said:
What kind of pump is on this thing. Is it a CAT 5 cp? I have no manual or info. I serviced my V today and checked the pump oil. The cap has split apart and I had almost no oil in the pump. I think I can super glue the cap together but I need to get a new one asap. Who would likey have this part available to ship out on Monday?

You are looking in the sight glass on the rear of the pump and not down the fill cap hole when you are saying there is almost no oil in the pump? Right?

hogjowl

Idiot™
That brings up another thing. My sight glass is not showing any oil at all. You can't tell if it's full, or empty. Fill it all the way up until oil is running out the top, or suck it all out and have it nearly empty ... either way, you can't see a darn thing in the sight glass.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
you may have to drain all of your oil and take the glass part off and clean it. should be 4 bolts is all to undo. not sure if that is the same as a powermatic but had to do that with it. the glass was dirty on the inside.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
those site glasses are almost useless. a dip or over flow hole would be better. i use a flashlight while its running to check mine.

Gene

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Never in 27 years of running cat pumps have I not been able to see through the site gauge.
Better order a new site gauge when you order the cap.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Local carwash supply should have them.
Just ask the local carwash owner where he gets his parts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom