Mikey P

Administrator
31428_383221138341_539698341_4050408_5339554_n.jpg

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Ron Werner said:
Is that in Europe only?

No, just about most countries will have European style vehicles not available in the US/Canada markets.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Johnny said:
Farfugnuugen.
Give me a Ford or a Chevy.
Well we've had those. Up to now those were the only choice for full sized vans (unless you wanted to take your chance with a Chrysler POS). I say, bring on the Japs and Germans into this underserved market.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Lee Stockwell said:
I agree Art. I'm always a little jealous of the Aussies' vans from Japan.

I agree as well! I was happy to see the Sprinter to set the alarm clock for the american vans- now I want to see that alarm clock go off on them!!

Bring all the full size vans and trucks from all euro factories and japanese too.

Not just the vw but get the (renault/peugeot/citroen) vans the ducatos too.

Bring those up to date sweet tdi engines! These vans should all get smaller turbo diesels in them! They are much much quieter than american diesels and will have an awesome mpg.

That type of competition will make the fords and chevys better in time. They won't feel like and look like what they are now- outdated 20-25 year old technology. (At least in my 2007 ford that I purchased brand new- its pretty outdated)

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
cucu said:
sprinter with a vw tdi2.5 and front clip

Jerry and FCC have it.

We have these VW Crafter vans over here and it is a tweaked sprinter with VW specs. Very nice.

'Rip It' from here on the board has had one for over 12-15 months now from memory and loves it.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
It's a Sprinter from the seats back. From the seats forward (apart from the Mercedes gauges) is it all VW.

This includes their very nice VW diesel motor. They are so very similar, even being built side by side in the same plant, price and dealer servicing would be the determining factor between them both. Oh, and delivery times. We have an 18 month wait on some of the Sprinter models, whereas VW keep higher inventory levels of their vehicles across the year.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Lee Stockwell said:
The next full sized Ford van, probably 2012 or 13 model to replace the current E series.

About time, the full size transit will compete with the big boys. The Citroen is also very similar to the euro spec full size transit, sprinter, etc.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Lee Stockwell said:
The next full sized Ford van, probably 2012 or 13 model to replace the current E series.

This one is being made in China now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ford_ ... 071124.jpg

Australia and Europe have been using those Transits for many years. The earlier models were extremely bad for reliability - problems with air cons, turbos, transmissions - you name it, they had problems with them.

However, since 2004-2005, Ford really stepped up and have made them as reliable as all the other vans out there. The good thing about the Transits is that unlike all the other 'panel' vans, the transits walls don't bend inwards, therefore allowing us to install racking and reels a lot closer to the walls without wasting valuable floor space. Some of their configurations come with dual side sliding doors which makes installs a lot customizable.

Jim

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Bethel said:
Australia and Europe have been using those Transits for many years. The earlier models were extremely bad for reliability - problems with air cons, turbos, transmissions - you name it, they had problems with them.

Jim

Yup Jim got it - I remember being a young guy and seeing those transits all over the place in Europe. Bad quality..those Transits had the worst diesel engines and the loudest in the world..or at least in Europe. Come to think of it- they had the awful diesel sounds of the ford diesel trucks and vans here today!! :shock:

Back
Top Bottom