W/M drag wand report

Name
Jesse
I bought the 24" model, very happy with it. I did 19,000sq yesterday and it was really nice to have. This was my first time using it with 18 flow, it came with 9. It cleaned very well and saved me alot of time. We ran 600ft off our pro1200 and had 2-3 hr dry times @ 750 psi. I'm thinking it could use bigger jets so I'll probably go with 27 flow.

The only thing I don't like is the handle is a little flimsy, and the trigger needs a upgrade.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
W/M pro1200 .018 flow at 750psi. I have used that pto and we couldn't get good heat out of a .09 jetted wand. What was your heat? I guess 140-159 at best. Am I wrong?

But good flow over max heat all day. IMO

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I looked at the 16"(?) WM DW

The see thru tube is pretty much worthless, cause the operator can't see it while running the wand.
I was wondering how well the o-ring seals on the swivel tube that the vac hose hooks to would stay air tight after a few months of use.

I liked the adjustable the handle.
That's a nice feature to accommodate different height operators.
I likes the 2" tube too.
Should be an improvement over the 1.5 tube of the Steam Genie DW
(the only DW I have real world experience with)

The biggest concern I'd have with any 24" wand, would be a nightmare of puddles and wicking on uneven concrete subfloors.

as long as the subfloor was flat, it would seem to be a dandy production wand for scrub and extract on large open areas though

..L.T.A.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry;

I agree.

On direct glue commercials, the 24" head would leave lots of wet spots.

I would also wonder about recovery at the edges.

Larry Cobb

Name
Jesse
Adam, my heat is at 275 all day. I have dual exchangers (most have 1) and a 3ht set for 275ish. With a 12 flow and a 18 dual wanding I run 250 ish. I also have appropriate hoses to run 275 btw, I used to run the same set up at 300+. Another thing is the temp here was 116F and the tm and freh tank are in a 170F black van with a burner.

Meat, I demoed the 16, it's not much wider than my TI, not worth it. On a mildly uneven floor the 24 is still ok. I thought differently at first but a small crack allows for a rush of air that still SEEMS to recover the water. I think it's the jet angle. Recovery at the edges is good enough, along a wall it will pull crap from the edge and with only a 2" overlap it dried even. Some traffic lanes required me to angle the wand slightly to make a better seal. If it's real uneven then no deal, use a wand.

Back
Top Bottom