Waiting for the tow truck

Name
Steve Lawrence
Yeah, I've been towed a lot over the years. Not the Butler issues, of course, but GM, of course. One thing I always remember to do is dump the fresh tank (over 900 lbs). Then they can use a normal tow truck.

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yeah, I've been towed a lot over the years. Not the Butler issues, of course, but GM, of course. One thing I always remember to do is dump the fresh tank (over 900 lbs). Then they can use a normal tow truck.
I seem to have my share of fuel pump issues. I can't hear the fuel pump when I engage the ignition. Only have about 20 gallons at most in the waste tank. That's the nice about the astro van, anything can tow it.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I feel for you. I've been battling Chevy computer/sensor issues for 6 weeks. It finally broke down completely yesterday so my stepbrother who is a mechanic came and towed it and hopefully got it fixed. I worked my tail off all weekend getting my backup van on the road. Replaced the alternator, had it inspected and got a plate, then went to do a store last night and discovered the water pump on the old truckmount had cracked and the blower had almost no suction. Spent 5 hours hacking it out with a porty. Time to send my backup machine to the graveyard. The backup van runs good though. And the old Ninja porty cleaned just fine and the old van still looks good enough for a Christmas parade.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I feel for you. I've been battling Chevy computer/sensor issues for 6 weeks. It finally broke down completely yesterday so my stepbrother who is a mechanic came and towed it and hopefully got it fixed. I worked my tail off all weekend getting my backup van on the road. Replaced the alternator, had it inspected and got a plate, then went to do a store last night and discovered the water pump on the old truckmount had cracked and the blower had almost no suction. Spent 5 hours hacking it out with a porty. Time to send my backup machine to the graveyard. The backup van runs good though. And the old Ninja porty cleaned just fine and the old van still looks good enough for a Christmas parade.View attachment 91827
I'm hoping it's not the computer. I just went through that with my dodge. That's a nice looking van, you want to put it back to working shape and use it once in a while.

Reactions: Jim Williams

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
When I can, I put a covered hole in the van floor to access the fuel pump. Makes it a MUCH easier job.
Especially when you have a full tank of gas. Last time I had a fuel pump done was on a ford e150. I had just filled up and the truck wouldn't start. Sure enough when I got the truck back, it was empty. I asked them what happened to all that has and they said, with a straight face, "we had to dispose of it".

Name
Steve Lawrence
"dispose" as in transferred to a working vehicle you do not own. (cheaper than actually getting rid of it.)

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I seem to have my share of fuel pump issues. I can't hear the fuel pump when I engage the ignition. Only have about 20 gallons at most in the waste tank. That's the nice about the astro van, anything can tow it.
Chevy is bad for fuel pumps failing so I use Ford vans, except for my Astro, which did have a fuel pump failure to the tune of $600.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Chevy is bad for fuel pumps failing so I use Ford vans, except for my Astro, which did have a fuel pump failure to the tune of $600.
Probably be $900 here. I liked my ford but the fuel pump went on that at the gas station. I drove in, filled up and the fuel pump went, just like that. The ford was my nicest driving vehicle.

Name
Steve Lawrence
My 2010 GMC van is on its 6th fuel pump. GM has picked up the bill each time including tows even after the warranty. Fuel pump was dying every 18 months. I think they've finally got a better fuel pump for us cuz it has been a few years since this issue first appeared. Now we are dealing with the computer. Such fun.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My 2010 GMC van is on its 6th fuel pump. GM has picked up the bill each time including tows even after the warranty. Fuel pump was dying every 18 months. I think they've finally got a better fuel pump for us cuz it has been a few years since this issue first appeared. Now we are dealing with the computer. Such fun.
Wow, that's crazy. All of my vehicles are older. I don't seem to have as many problems as the new ones. It's a pain when it happens but cross my fingers, I've been pretty lucky so far.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Anybody know how the reliability of the Nissan vans is compared to Ford and Chevy? I have also considered just putting my machine in a trailer and buying a Tundra to pull it with.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Wow, that's crazy. All of my vehicles are older. I don't seem to have as many problems as the new ones. It's a pain when it happens but cross my fingers, I've been pretty lucky so far.
Yeah, my 96 GMC has been in the shop way way less than my 2010. Plus gas cost 1/3 again as much to run a new van over an old one. I thought stuff was supposed to get better!

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom