Walk ups

Mikey P

Administrator
Jim and Shawn...

I have yet another job today due to the Vortex's impression.

She was on a walk, saw my V, took a card and booked over a month later.

When we talked this morning she said "I saw your truck and just knew that you MUST know what you're doing. And your website is very impressive".

I cant tell you how many of those we get.

And my my vinyl is nothing fancy.

I have to think that all those Arizonians are jaded by all those BIG trucks you have out there..

I know Mustard and Adam get plenty of walk ups as well....

Your theories?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
bullshit-o-meter.gif

LOL........... I really believe that some are getting walk ups I just don't think you all are making extra truck payments monthly from them........

I have had more in my CDS than I have in the Vortex and both trucks mirror each other one is just bigger......

As much shit as I give everyone on it I really hope that you all are....

But here in the desert walk ups are far and few between......... :?:

do ya think it is because that POS water tank is leaking all over the street...

maybe giving me a bad image.........

I think my baffle ( and I say that word loosely ) finally broke off (big surprise) when I come to a stop the damn truck sits there and rocks me to sleep.........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
lol............ my tude has never been a issue.......................yet

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
This will thrill ya to death Jim

I haven't had one walk up this week!!!

HAPPY!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I'm sorry you didn't get any walk up this week.......

This doesn't effect my Christmas present......... does it........

Mikey P

Administrator
The husband of the lady I had yesterday who was a walk up went out and stared at my set up for ten minutes.. Even under the truck.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I bought one of these and carry it in the back of the truck in case any of my walk-ups want to look under

ATD-81050_std.jpg

So far I just dust it off now and then

Shane

Jim martin said:
I bought one of these and carry it in the back of the truck in case any of my walk-ups want to look under

ATD-81050_std.jpg

So far I just dust it off now and then

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

rhyde

Name
rhyde
as of Friday i have 16 cleaning jobs tentative 2 are commercial jobs 6,000 to 7,000 and 11,500 sq ft the rest are residential

just waiting for my vortex now :roll:

G

I remember when I was going to pick up my first Vortex. Everyone that called us 2 weeks before leaving had the option of waiting for the big more powerful truck or scheduling now. Only my sister, the free job didn't wait. Everyone else wanted the more powerful truck.

Dave

Tom Mock

Mike,
That's an ATD model 23 creeper, I can get you one if you want for your truck. LOL!!

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
We deck our customers trucks/vans out so they are very impressive, in the hopes that it aids them in their companies professional image. If people see a dirty or untidy electrician or plumbers vehicles - who cares!?

However as cleaners, I believe that our vehicles they should be kept to a certain level all the time. That being said Jim, I seen the inside of your truck and pan in another thread, and it does look neat and tidy...well done.

It must just be the location you are operating in then as to why you aren't getting many walk ups. Most of our customers that purchase our big rigs say that they get walks ups all the time due to the presentation.

"Would you like fries with that?"

We have all heard that asked at one time or another. Maybe, if you aren't getting walk ups in your area, you may need to prompt your customers to ask you.

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

The vehicle doesn't get around with them flags whilst driving, however EVERY TIME that van is doing a job, my clients puts them flags up on both sides to attract attention. No matter if your walking your dog along the footpath or driving down the street, you can always see what is going on, and then you get the subtle hint - "Ask for Quote".

And let me tell you, he gets A LOT of walk ups that then in turn converts into jobs. He shows them over the truck, gets their details and contacts them ASAP after he has finished his job.

For those that reckon Mrs. Piff doesn't give a stuff about what type of machine us cleaners are using - I beg to differ. I reckon it would be the same as those that have a Vortex truck. While sure, some customers don't give a stuff, others though, if you have the time, are indeed interested. In their minds I think the reason must be something like - Bigger is Better! And that is why they decided to walk up in the first place.

Just my two cents.

Jim

Al

I got my first walk up in my new truck! Stopped for gas, guy says
hey nice truck, that roll up door must have cost a pretty penny?" "What do you do that you need a door like that?"

So I roll it up and he says "holly shit"! Then I hand him a card and he says "dries in minutes" how can you do that?"

To make long story short, I followed him to his apartment buildings 24 units and clean one for 200. bucks, twice what he normally pays! He was thrilled.

The best part is it happened on my way home from Steamway from having my blower checked.

Can't wait till I get it lettered!!!

AL

Russ Goddard

I had a lady approach me as I was gassing up my '97 Ford E250. This startled me as I don't run a V and I'm not supposed to get walkups.

I asked her if she knew what a Vortex was, she looked puzzled and said she might have heard it on Star Trek or something. I said, "never mind, when would you like me to come out?" and we set an appointment. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, you know, for her to grill me on what kind of equipment was in the van, but she never did.

The only thing I can think of was that she recognized the "Carpet Cleaning" lettering on the side of the van. I'll bet she put 2 and 2 together and figured out I was in that type of business.

Has this ever happened to anybody else?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I have a unique box truck with good lettering. I get the odd walkup and more often than that I'll get a call where my client tells me they saw my truck. Just ran a report and I've accounted 3% of my work to my truck signage, pretty consistent each year.

I usually get a WOW when they look inside. Most are used to seeing vans where you can't see any real working parts, mine they see everything!

Al

There is this CC'er from Rhode Island that calls us from time to time
we go to his account, he uses our stuff and pays us 100. per hour.

He is usually standing in the parking lot with his back pack when we arrive, no car, then he needs a ride here or there after the job....kind of a pita but I figure were helping him out. It's a little strange cause they always seem to be real nice accounts. The ones he calls us for are near us in CT.

He called yesterday, I got pneumonia and I'm not going out in the rain at 9:00 pm even if it's to sit there, my son said no, that guy's weird and I don't like driving him around.

So I tell the guy we can't shuttle you around and the price is 125. per hour, he said fine.

Shawn goes anyway,( for 30 bucks an hour to sit there ) while the dude is cleaning the owner comes out because he see's its different equipment. He talks to Shawn and say's the guy is unreliable and would like us to consider the account.

It's quarterly, Ill consider it....my intention isn't to hurt this guy.

I call Shawn at 10:00 to see if everything is ok,

He is in the Mona Lisa restaurant measuring, because the owner walked across the street to our truck.

Shawn scored his first quarterly account!

Second day with letters.

This is gonna be our year!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom