Wand Fitting Maintenance

Name
Swani
I'm working on my Dev wand and one of my fittings is leaking, so I was going to borrow parts from my spare Dev. I noticed the inside orifice that diverts water to each manifold is much more ported on my daily wand than my spare wands. I'm assuming it's wear. I never thought to replace these, but there's definitely a difference. 20230813_163638.jpg20230813_163652.jpg20230813_163701.jpg

Name
Swani
What acid rinse are you using, and how many hours do you think you have on that wand?
I bought these wands used and I haven't been running much rinse this year because my last step keeps acting up. The times I have been running a rinse it's been Prochem All Fiber and Saiger Deep Blue. I'm not sure what the previous owner was using.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I bought these wands used and I haven't been running much rinse this year because my last step keeps acting up. The times I have been running a rinse it's been Prochem All Fiber and Saiger Deep Blue. I'm not sure what the previous owner was using.

Some acid rinses contain corrosion inhibitors and some don't. If they don't, super heating some acid rinses creates some fairly aggressive chemistry. Boosting with oxidizers does the same.

Name
Swani
So I swapped over the better of the two fittings that splits the solution line, and adjusted my jets. My spray pattern seems to be much tighter and consistent. I cleaned the carpet in my shop and it's like a completely different wand.

Back
Top Bottom