Wand notching

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Just received glides for a PC quad jet wand & one for a Ti wand. Before I start monkeying around with the teflon should I get the wands notched? Looks like you only need to notch one end? A local machine shop should be able to do it.

Jim

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Don't know how handy you are at cutting and grinding metal, but I used a dremel and 4.5" angle grinder to notch our Ti, Jim.
I laid the glide end next to the wand, and scribed the profile for the notch.
Then went to cutting and test fitting, then grinding and fitting til i got it just right.
You also have to take a bit of the inside lip protrusion off the wand too. (on the Ti) don't know about the other
Or it will shave teflon when sliding the glide on and off

yes, only one side needs notched.
It allows you to slide it off and on to facilitate easy cleaning and change from one type glide to another.

..L.T.A.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
I'm more of a woodworker than a machinist hence the local shop. Just wondering if most think it is a worthwhile modification?

Thanks for the tips Larry.

T

The Magician

Notch only if your going to change glides on the T. wand. The other wand glides just slid or snap on. if you don't notch be sure to boil and heat up to properly install and not distort the wand glides.

Now you see it............But Where?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I have one of my wands notched and it was nice when I wanted to change from a holed to a slot but now I have a second wand so I rarely have to remove the glide except to clean the wand occasionally. Notching it isn't hard, I started with an air die grinder then used a dremel and grind a bit at a time till the glide slid on.

When I have to remove the glide from the unnotched wand I just stick the wand head in a 5 gallon bucket of hot tap water. Let is sit for a few minutes and the glide will pry off very easily with a screwdriver. Heat the glide again to reinstall.

Mikey P

Administrator
If you dont notch it and plan to swap glides, also plan on them getting distorted by forcing them over those fat Angelina Jolee brand wand lips.

Notch it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom