Wands:which ones....

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
do all of you like? Pros and cons appreciated.I've only ever used the standard wand that came with my TM.I will say that I'm 5-5 tall so those super tall versions are out the window.

Patrick

TimP

I thought there were really only 2 wands....the greenhorn and the Prochem Titanium. From Greenie....give greenglides a call they can school you on wands.

Rex Tyus

I prefer the Greenhorn. But definitely call Greenglides. Wand selection is more than the opinion of a couple of us on the boards. Greenglides can get you whatever you want and they will give you honest info on them all.

Able 1

Name
Keith
it will leave a gap but that gap will only be the filtration soiling that isnt coming out anyway.

John Watson

On most days I am about 5'6 or so, some days I feel like I am 10 flippen feet tall.

I have the Greenhorn 12incher which replaced my ProChem Quad jet that was pimped out and had a greenglide will sell the prochem.

I also recommend you talk to Jeff or Lisa at Greenglides

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I use the stock 4 jet prochem...pretty heavy, pain in the ass on stairs...it's durable.

i need a smaller/lighter one for stairs, its a bit of a pain when you're 6'6.

...those vicro straps do wonders.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
If you trim your glide, and wand from the side it will get as close as any wand can. Filtration soiling is removed primarily via chemical action, the wand or whatever your tool of choice is should just be providing the flushing action.

I'm not far from you, and have 2 Greenie pimped Ti wands... and if you would like to try a TI wand some time just let me know.

TimP

tmdry said:
I use the stock 4 jet prochem...pretty heavy, pain in the ass on stairs...it's durable.

i need a smaller/lighter one for stairs, its a bit of a pain when you're 6'6.

...those vicro straps do wonders.

Don't forget Greenie has the new Greenhorn stair tool for the stair problem!

im only 5'9 but i would rather have a long wand..long wand long strokes. never understood why a short guy would want a short wand.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
It seems to me, that Greenie could make a glide to fit a wand, that would in effect, change the natural angle that the head should "fit" the carpet.

So, if you have a wand that's too long and requires you to hold it at an unnatural (for you) height, a glide cut at a slightly different angle would allow you to hold it at a more comfortable position.

... Just an idea...

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
What Duane says its true to a point.

The openings for a glide must correspond with the opening in the wand, they must also come into full contact with the carpet.

So if someone is really tall or really short, the openings in the glide can lose contact on some wands.

I am 5'3" and used both the Ti and GH wands (with glides) comfortably and had good contact. We have many customers 6' plus who use both wands easily as well.

Take care,
Lisa

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
truckmount girl said:
What Duane says its true to a point.

The openings for a glide must correspond with the opening in the wand, they must also come into full contact with the carpet.

So if someone is really tall or really short, the openings in the glide can lose contact on some wands.

I am 5'3" and used both the Ti and GH wands (with glides) comfortably and had good contact. We have many customers 6' plus who use both wands easily as well.

Take care,
Lisa

Hi Lisa. You forgot to mention that the glides are round on the bottom and thus the same wand could be used by a five foot tall person or a seven foot tall person. Take care.

Greenie

round is gud.

ps....sometimes I wanna say Duane, where in the hell have you been the last 5 years? lol

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Doing my own thing, focusing on machines and not focusing on wands... That's not my chosen area at the moment... 8)

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
wands which ones...

Patrick.
These guys are all hacks!!!!!
I have what they call the "Hydra Ho"
No bend.
No glide.
One jet.
Works like the charm.
Never breaks.
Never over sprays.
Very even spray pattern.
The bomb!

Off course you'll never get to spends entire weeks and whole weekends tweaking it ,but don't worry, you'll get used to it.

Who knows you might even get to know your family better.

Best of luck.
Ofer

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
The Hydramaster Hydra Ho was a nice wand. They were very comfortable to use and were an industry standard for a long time, until double- bends became the "in" thing.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Only tweeking i had to do to mine was slot the side and put in 4 rubber washers to move the jets out a little really only took me about a hour. Had my daughter washing my rims (she's 3) loved to help her dad. And as far as water flow i tried to run my wand on two truckmounts i rented could not keep up. One was a direct drive but i think it was hooked up wrong probably for a one jet.

Greenie

HydraHoe's are good flushers (most don't change the jet, so an 06 becomes an 010 pretty quickly), but they lack heat retention.

I know some think they push fine, but when you hook a 2" tube up to that head it's a whole different game, gotta have a glide.

Actually most 1.5" wands have enough restriction to make them tolerable to push glideless.

FastEddie

Duane Oxley said:
It seems to me, that Greenie could make a glide to fit a wand, that would in effect, change the natural angle that the head should "fit" the carpet.

So, if you have a wand that's too long and requires you to hold it at an unnatural (for you) height, a glide cut at a slightly different angle would allow you to hold it at a more comfortable position.

... Just an idea...

I totally agree, My Hoe wand has a GG that has the perfect slot angle, making it ridiculously comfortable. When I do wand it allows me to work under tables and most furniture further than my Ti wand can reach, because of the low profile angle the glide creates. Greenie did and excellent job dialing in my glide.

I think the head design of the Hoe is very good. I run a 8010 jet and this wand really kicks ass with great dry times which aren't bad for a 1.5" wand. I'm thinking of retro-fitting a twin jet manifold with two 05 jets to help with the heat loss from the single jet thats so far away. Overall I think the Hoe wand moves more air than any other SS 1.5" wand. Don't know about the lame plastic 1.5" Evo wand though.

TimP

I own a hydra hoe and a Greenhorn. I will not run the hydra hoe unless something is major wrong with my greenhorn. I have spare parts for it to make sure. Extra jets, valve rebuild kit, only thing I don't have is check valves and glilde.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom