Wanna see some dirty pics ???

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
This is a Bycast sofa that I inspected in April 2013.

It was in a rental property & six months old.

I advised the RE agent to contact the store & have it replaced with a fabric sofa.

The owner did not want to as they had bought it for the unit.

Wizzard011_zps9f5e56bd.jpg

Same sofa inspected just this week, 14 months later.

The owner is screaming and now wants the tenant or the real estate agent to pay for a new one.

20140623_102012_zpse73689d9.jpg

20140623_102033_zps9d0a1ffd.jpg

20140623_102107_zps790f9fde.jpg

What would happen in California in this instance ??

:yoda:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Shorty is that pleather.

Hi Harry,
here's the easy explanation from Google. :winky:

Question:
Is Bicast Leather Really 100% Leather?

I'm looking for a sectional for my family room and found one that I like. The saleswoman says it is 100% leather, but she also mentioned that it was bicast leather. Is bicast leather 100% leather?

Answer:
In a word, no.
Bicast leather is not 100% leather. It is not even leather, but a leather by-product.

Bicast leather is made from split leather which is then laminated with a polyethylene top layer. It has been made available thanks to modern technology, which lets leather be split into a number of layers. The layers used to make bicast leather are of very inferior quality, which, without the coating, may not be of any use at all.

After the polyethylene coating is applied, grain patterns are embossed into the surface to make it look more leather-like.

While bicast leather furniture may look like leather at first glance, you will find that it does not behave like leather. For one thing, it does not develop leather's suppleness or patina with time. You may find that it may have a strong chemical smell at first, which dissipates after a while.
It may look like leather, and you may find plenty of color choices, but the grain might appear too even. Bicast leather may also be prone to splitting and cracking.

What bicast leather has going for itself is that it is more affordable than real leather, and easy to keep clean. All the same, it is misleading and dishonest to sell it as 100% leather or real leather. If you are looking for real leather, then bicast leather is not for you. If you want your furniture to last a while, again, bicast leather is not for you.

Note:Bicast leather is also known as bycast leather, bi-cast leather or PU leather.

End of Google.....

We use the following codes for leather down under.

A & P for Aniline & Pigmented / Protected leather

A for Aniline leather

A for Pull-up leather

N for Nubuck / Suede type leather

I still call it garbage, in the U.K. & New Zealand, Bycast is not classified as leather.

Wish they would enforce that rule in Australia as well.

Mikey, gas & matches are cheaper here than $200 :biggrin:

I offered to restore it for the price of a new suite + AU$200.00 but they reneged. :frown:

:yoda:

Reactions: GCCLee

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Yikes, put that on craigslist under "Free Stuff" probably be picked up within 10 mins.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom