Want to upgrade wands

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I have a basic two jet wand by hydro. I would like to up grade to a more efficient cleaning wand such as provirus titanium or conpairable. I clean a wide variety of flooring from rentals, residential, and commercial. I don't know much about the proformqnce of them so some information on why a selection is benifical. Thanks

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
We can all suggest wands but probably the best thing would be to describe your cleaning style. If you rely on the wand for agitation, we may recommend a rotary power wand like the RV360i. If you need a good flushing cleaning wand, we might suggest a greenified 14" westpad from John Olson or Les Jones. Or the Cobb version from Cobb Carpet Supply. Or if you want to try something different you can look at the stryker wand from saphire scientific.... and as if this choice was not difficult enough.. a tremendous upgrade would be the zipper Jr, made by our very own Eric G.

And then there is the rest of the industry choices.

TimP

The main thing when choosing a wand is to make sure the jets don't point straight down to the carpet. That's a "no-no". You want a 2" tube. More jets means you can get the jets closer to the fiber for less heat loss and steam. Jetting of .10/12 flow is a good place to be, to have a higher flow wand that is. Higher flow means you can get more water to the carpet for faster rinsing without increasing the pressure so that you don't wet the backing (high pressure is what wets the backing), angled jets help with also.

I don't know if you can get a greenhorn wand anymore, but in my opinion it's the best bang for your buck wand. The wands mentioned above are all probably better than a base 2 jet wand. Of course if you want a wand that will last you a lifetime then get a Titanium.

A good recommendation for the best cleaning method would be a RV 360i or the like like mentioned above. Or you could go with the 175 floor machine with pad/brush to scrub in your preconditioner, rinse with your new high flow wand. It was the board recommendation for heavy soiled carpet, before the 360i was made famous by our fearless leader. I've never used a 175 but I've used a cimex to scrub, and a pad driver on my RX. Now that I've jetted my rx to 6 flow with flat jets and I'm using it again. I have to say that there is a difference. The carpet seems slightly more damp but the carpet is cleaner and it seems like I'm getting more referrals.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
If you have the money then a Prochem Ti Ergonomic of regular wand is the cats meow. The Greenhorn is the "poor mans" Ti wand. 1 out of 15 like the Bently so make sure you can return ANY wand you buy as not everyone will like the same thing.

I do have (2) 2" 4 jet 12"'greenhorns left $800 delivered with your choice of glide. A pimped Ti wand will run around 1450-1600 depending on which one you choose. That's 1"'check vales 1102 jets soft touch SS valve and your choice of a real Greenglide back stress reliever and not a cheap chinesee knock off or a klepto ken wannabe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom