wanted: used 15 inch cimex

tngvegas

anyone have one in good condition that they want to sell?

I live in southern calif. so can pick up in LA, Inland Empire, and maybe Phoenix or Las Vegas.

Thanks.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
That's not the 15" Cimex.LOL That one is the Cimex Diamond Finisher. Those are two very different machines. The 15" Cimex is smaller and lighter, ideal for cleaning in tight areas. Whereas the Cimex DF model is a monster heavyweight expressly designed for grinding and honing stone and concrete floors.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman

mahlonzehr

That's not the 15" Cimex.LOL That one is the Cimex Diamond Finisher. Those are two very different machines. The 15" Cimex is smaller and lighter, ideal for cleaning in tight areas. Whereas the Cimex DF model is a monster heavyweight expressly designed for grinding and honing stone and concrete floors.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman

Can the DF be used to clean carpet?

Or can the carpet machine be used to polish concrete?

I have a couple thousand square feet onfconcrete to polish and I would like to pursue stone polishing as well as encapping commercial carpet. Which machine would be the best for dual purpose?

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Can the DF be used to clean carpet?

Or can the carpet machine be used to polish concrete?

I have a couple thousand square feet onfconcrete to polish and I would like to pursue stone polishing as well as encapping commercial carpet. Which machine would be the best for dual purpose?

Yes and yes - in a limited sense.

The DF machine can be used with caution on durable loop CGD carpet. And the regular Cimex for carpet cleaning can be used for stone by adding some additional weight.

As you can see, in each case you're bending the rules a little and going outside the box. But both scenarios have been played successfully.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman

mahlonzehr

Yes and yes - in a limited sense.

The DF machine can be used with caution on durable loop CGD carpet. And the regular Cimex for carpet cleaning can be used for stone by adding some additional weight.

As you can see, in each case you're bending the rules a little and going outside the box. But both scenarios have been played successfully.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman

Thanks for the info... So the machines have basically the same construction as far as quality / durability only the DF has a head designed specifically for grinding and polishing and adds a more overall weight?

Somewhere I picked up the idea that the DF is a lot more durable/ heavy duty construction. Is this true?

If they are fundamentally the same it would probably better to get the carpet machine and add weight when I need to do polishing, since if I get the DF I can't remove weight to do carpet, right? Am I missing something important here?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The head on the 15-inch is much lighter and tends to bounce more on uneven surfaces. It also spins much fast rpms so it can slop around solution more than the 19-inch does.

We just used ours yesterday, its small size allows us to get in the rows between seats in an auditorium. The rest of the time we precondition area rugs using the soft brushes.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Thanks for the info... So the machines have basically the same construction as far as quality / durability only the DF has a head designed specifically for grinding and polishing and adds a more overall weight?

Somewhere I picked up the idea that the DF is a lot more durable/ heavy duty construction. Is this true?

If they are fundamentally the same it would probably better to get the carpet machine and add weight when I need to do polishing, since if I get the DF I can't remove weight to do carpet, right? Am I missing something important here?

No the DF machine is, as I mentioned above, a monster. It is much heavier, has twice the rpm, and is designed from the ground up for grinding and honing. It is a true diamond finisher from the word go.

However you can stretch and do some grinding with a standard Cimex with added weight. It'll work. But the DF model is a grinding workhorse that will do serious work for folks who are into stone care.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom