Warranty and interim maintenance. CBM, 175, OP, -- ?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Is what the Cambridge company told me about cylindrical brush machines (they recommend the whittiker) standard for most companies? What is all this Malarky about bonnets ruining carpets? Some of our pros use cement scrubbing pads with 175 machines on carpets.
Am I gonna have to get a CBM or what? I have had several customers tell me I can't touch their carpet with a 175 or it will void their warranty. This is the first one that mentioned a CBM. I was also told while they didn't think an OP was good at removing soil it was acceptable to use, they just think it should only be used to post pad after a HWE cleaning to sop up the moisture.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The Technical director of Shaw carpets will be speaking at the Connections program in Florida next month. The topic is "Commercial Cleaning Initiative". It covers how to increase your commercial cleaning business.

That would be a chance to see what the manufacturer says directly. It would also be a chance to ask the main person your question directly.

My understanding is that they do not want 175 rtary machines used on commercial carpets. They are big supporters of CRB machines (Counter-rotating brush), not just one brand.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
And really here is what it comes down to. Alot of companies will do inhouse cleaning. After short investigation they stumble upon bonnect cleaning as a way to clean carpets and since they already have a 175 for their hard surface maintenance the only extra expense is chemicals and bonnets equipment wise.. It would seem like a good business move to most people uneducated about cleaning. However, you get these same uneducated in house staff who don't use enough chemistry or leave residue behind or use an overly aggressive bonnet in one area for long and and and.. Just too many variables to go wrong. Then add to this mess several fly by night cleaning companies or even janiotorial companies who want to get a piece of carpet cleaning pie and the same thing happens. If it were left to certified professionals trained properly in the methods and the methods were used as a whole program that includes periodic HWE, we wouldn't see this warranty language. It also shifts the risk from the carpet companies to whoever is doing the work.

In essence anything you do as a professional cleaner if you directly cause damage to the carpet is going to void the warranty and thus you'll be liable for any damage. So you can look at in two schools of thought. You want to make the customer happy and choose to abide by their wishes but explain the limitations of encapsulation with CRB machine.

Or you can try to explain to them that as professional cleaner you are trained properly in all methods and you use the method that optimizes the cleaning results while minimizing the risk to the carpet and that you assume the liability of any damage that occurs while you are cleaning the carpets. So choose whichever explanation you feel more confident with and be done with it.

One will lead you to cleaning withyour 175 an the other to using a CRB machine.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have no idea what you were originally asking because that last DAP was so long I lost track of what this thead is about.

All I can say is that if you are looking for what to buy, and you don't already have one or the other, then get yourself a Whittaker GLS. Some here will scoff at that suggestion, but I can tell you that my personal experience has been great with the GLS for commercial maintenance. It's a good, solid machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom