Warrington, Olsen, Pemberton, Cobb, Forsythe...

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm gonna ask you five a big favor.

Please call the Grout Wand Company and ask them why they insist on using non Viton O rings on a tool designed to apply solvent based products.

I can't tell you what a treat it is to get half way through a 2000 ft tile sealing job and have your brand new applicator fail. There are two O rings on the plunger that swell up and cause the wand to let the sealer drip out non stop.

I have gone through way too many of these wands due to this exact problem. This could be eliminated with .20 worth of Viton rubber.

I think it was Olsen who told me to buy a new one for each job. BS! Our landfills are full enough.

I can't tell you how irate I get using tools made by fools.

Would you five gentlemen PLEASE call this company tomorrow and tell them the facts.

Its a sad state of affairs when the best sealer applicator for our industry only lasts for a 1000 feet.

Call this number ASAP :1 480 835 0582 or send Greenie 10 grand so he can design something that works AND lasts.

In the mean time, Olsen send me four more of those POS.

wandparts.gif

ps. Tell them to make the darn thing 6 inches longer and make it all one piece so it holds more juice.

Rescue

Hey Mikey-

I just bought this tool for my first big tile job (1000 sq/ft). Do you have any advice for me. Please tell me it will last the whole job. It is my first and I sold myself like I know what I am doing.

Joe

Mikey P

Administrator
Bring a bottle applicator and some knee pads just in case.

Larry Cobb needs to be the first one to call those guys. His sealer kills that stock rubber.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
And to make the damn thing longer...

how in the hell you of all people mike(you big tall stud you) can use that thing is beyond me :x :x :x

F

FB7777

they're made for the illegals that are ravaging this industry... they only stand 5'5" tall

timnelson

GroutWand.jpg

I think you guys would have more success if you would learn how to use the device correctly.

(a) Stand on a rug in the middle of the area you are treating.

(b) Put your free hand in your pocket.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm only 6'4" and that thing makes me stand on my head while using it. I can't imagine how MIKEY[b/], of all people, can use it? If you've seen the sheer size of Mikey's head, it's hard to imagine having to hold that melon parallel to the floor while running that tiny assed tool along a whole kitchen's worth of grout lines!

Good grief!

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I have one of those but I havn't used it yet. I've been dumping and squegeeing the sealant. Then I use one of those flat dust mop sort of thing whatever it's called to wipe off the tile a few minutes later. It's super fast and I've had no problems. Is there any good reason not to do it this way?

TimP

I use the grout stick but I use water based sealers. I don't have to worry about opening windows and all that and they work just fine. Simple solution to the problem if you want to use the tool.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I am 7'2" and I have not had a problem with this stick. Get the job done by any means posibble. If you have to get on your hands and knees and seal it thats what I do. **** what ya hear its what ya hearin. Most importantly rember R.O.W.Y.C.O.

Greenie

I'm just a hair taller than Todd and I can hardly use it, I hated that tool, by the end of the job I'd have a blister in my palm from holding it way out on the end trying to keep a little angle out front and I walked.

There really is no excuse, it's just plain lame.

There is hope though....

The cap assembly has a simple acme thread pattern, and the stick relies on a flat rubber washer, so it's "possible" to make a custom loooong hollow handle and machine to match those threads. Then you could just buy the POS o-ring leaking plastic replacement heads and be at least one step ahead, and a LOT more comfortable.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

I've already done it !
I complained to Hydro-Force after we discovered the problem a couple of months ago.

I asked them to install Viton o'rings for better durability.

Most of our customers are using the wheel applicators.

Larry Cobb

Greenie

Hydro-Force?
I'm pretty sure I bought mine in a hardware store somewhere?

Larry, how hard can it be to match the orings?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom