Was a RX-20 fan...

Name
Brad Gouveia
View attachment 1592

I am/was a big fan of the RX, but on all three of the the handle has given out and will not hold any more. I have bought the new kit they sell and that helps some, I have taken them in to have them serviced and that will last maybe a month before they start to give way.

Can this be fixed so the handle will stay in place where I want it.

Note that in the pic 2 of the 3 are being held up with a bungee because they are not holding any more.

This was the last straw for me
View attachment 1593
I had to use a screw driver to wedge it between the handle and machine to finish a job. When I started the job it seemed to be the best one of the three so that is why I choose it. At the end of the job I had use a bungee to get it out the door.

I am thinking I need to sell one or all three and get a new rotary with all this rotary talk.

It us not be best pic but here is a pic of the carpets that I did with it
View attachment 1594
Poor lighting and took it with my cell. It was night and day in person

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

John Olson

Name
John Olson
So you replaced the brakes right? Did you replace the brake "disc" as we'll? Setting them after changing them takes talent to get it right. I can't ever get them to work before cussing and telling our lead mechanic Bud to take over.Even TW makes bud do It. Cal Monday brad and ill have you talk to bud. It is either setting them right or you need new disc's as well as the brass brake plungers,

Name
Brad Gouveia
I taken it apart several times and replaced the brakes. The discs I tried flipping over/swapping sides but was not sure if replacing them would make a difference. I even have some new brakes left from when I got the handle upgrade. I did not replace them because I thought they where still good. Maybe I should of.

If I brought it into you how should it take before it stops hold up?

I would say when I really busy they get used about 3-4 jobs a week. So they are not used that much but when we do use them it is either for a big empty, trashed rental, or commercial job.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
If you didn't change the brass plungers do that first. You would be surprised how little of the brass can wear off before they stop holding. You do know how to adjust the brakes right? Turning the top and bottom of the rod? It takes patience to set them just right.I hate it as I don't have enough patience. Call Monday and ill have bud talk to you.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I have 3 older models with a different style locking mechanism and have only had issues on one. I had to replace a brass flex joint in the locking mechanism. This probably isn't helpful because the systems are different. I certainly hope you can get it solved.
Steve

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Though I've had similar issues with the handle they weren't as bad as yours. The little cylinders didn't do crap.

I called Hydramaster and this is what they told me to do.

The picture, see the bolt by the wheel. There is a hole on each side already drilled. At first I tried 1/4" bolt but they did not tighten enough. I went to the next size and is now tight. It's been about 3 months and is working out great and I don't see that it will get worse. What it does is it pushes against the brake and makes the lock much more effective. Give it a try.

View attachment 1624

View attachment 1625

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom