Waste tank design....Is there any reason.......

Greenie

As long as you address the air water separation, and filtration, I don't see an issue.

But other than increased build cost, why do it that way?

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Their was a guy in Modesto, Ca. Roadrunner truckmounts that made them like that with the engine blower and pump mounted on top. Fred Adrian was his name. My friend had one and the only problem was it was a little tough to clean inside it.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Jay is right. The largest drawback is clean-ability. If it's stainless steel, all you have is a potential stink problem. If it's aluminum, then lint can hang in the unreachable nooks and fester a corrosion problem, as buildup will stay soaked with anything corrosive that enters the tank.

At Steam Genie, we had a SS wastetank for the ElectroGenie that had a similar layout. Even then, the drain mounting was such that it could be cleaned without much difficulty.

resized_reacto2_op_800x598.jpg

minuteman

Now I need to add to or ask this, what is the thinking about the Vortex being round, and all the stuff on tv with a vortex vac, do the round tanks suck more air faster or just the same amount faster as they try to advertise ?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Round has a variety of advantages, but an equal amount of disadvantages, even more disadvantageous in a traditional sized van.

Plus side: Strength. You can fashion a stronger tank, using the same thickness material or a lighter tank of equal strength, as compared to a flat sided tank.

Also, on a round tank, you can fashion the airflow anfd water flow to smoothly enter the tank at a tangent, so as to create the "vortex" like movement of these flows. Moving the air and water in this manner produces the lowest possible restriction.

Negative side: The biggest negative of a round tank is space. The tank takes up more usable space for a given capacity. On a big box truck, space is not so much an issue, so on Vortex machine, you can get all the pluses, without too much negative impact of the space detriment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom