Waste tank drain change

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
This may not work for everyone ....I have been using it for the last few days and it has worked out just perfect for me........Drains faster with the dramatic drop and no over spill in the truck ...........When I get home I would have to pull in forward on the far side of drive way to dump and then back it out, spin it around and fill it for the next day.now I just back it in park it for the night dump and re-fill at the same time............much easier...

100_3444.jpg

100_3442.jpg

Attachments

• 100_3444.jpg
    100_3444.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 159
  • 100_3442.jpg
    100_3442.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 167

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
The Waterfalls truck is the same and they love it. I really would like to do it. What did you use to cut the hole in the floor?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I heard after I did it that he did his but I heard that he did his out of PVC

I used a metal hole saw..the bed is aluminum
and it will go right threw it real easy..........

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Yes theirs is PVC. I think I would like to do mine the way you did it. The way it is now you have to jump into the truck with my feet hanging to reach the valve. 3 inch metal hole saw is on the shopping list. Thanks for the idea.

G

Thats nice Jim. That wouldn't work in Chicago because the water in that drain tube would freeze and we would not be able to dump.

Dave

G

Thats nice Jim. That wouldn't work in Chicago because the water in that drain tube would freeze and we would not be able to dump.

Dave

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Thanks Dave, I didn't think about that. I would have the same problem here in Idaho.

John Watson

For the cost of another valve it would work in freezing temp. place valve before elbow going to under the truck. Drain tank MT close the inner valve 1st then outer valve. I have used this same drain under the truck set up in Alaska at 30 degrees below 0 No problem..

A little trick that some know how to extend the life of your valves is to have Vac on and before closing valve block off suction side to create vac on drain. close valve slowly. It will remove sand and grit before you close valve. Will save you from scratching, scoring or filling seat with sediments..

Rex Tyus

DAMN that's cold. :shock:

I love Florida. (even in the summer) 8)

Rex

Back
Top Bottom