Waste Tank Gasket

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I need the stuff that sticks to the bottom of the waste tank lid. I am currently using the stuff you buy at Lowes for truck toppers. Stuff wears out pretty quick.

Golden Boy

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I use the stuff that Steam Genie made for their lids.....Modernistic still sells it...it'll last for years and years.......

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
BTW the top of my waste tank has about inch flat surface around the top of it.

Golden Boy

Matt King

Trim-Lok seals on the Genie tanks. I ordered a section from Shawn a while back fairly cheap. Or you could get a large roll from them but it would be a waste of money for 1 machine. I don't see much on their site that would work for Waldo's tank though. If I recall, (and correct me Waldo if I'm wrong), Rich had the top tank edges folded over/inward and the lid would rest on that inch or so 'ledge'. It's diamond plate aluminum though with the diamond pattern facing upward so it may wear out a seal a little faster if it isn't heavy duty. I would maybe do a double seal on there. Adhesive sealant with a seal on the tank ledge itself and then put your seal on the lid as well. If you want help let me know. I kind of wanted to come to CR anyway and run the 47 up against your 56 (up to 200 feet) just to see how close I can dial this in without smoking the serpentine belt or clutch.

Matt King

I'll shop around for a good gasket material tomorrow and see what I can find locally. Then I'll give you a call... Rich's website says he's out of business.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
All I got to say about my TM is it is better then a POS Electromount. I am waiting for Michael Schooneys Aerotech to get a scratch in it so he sells it.

Golden Boy

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Waldo musta been slepin' when i went over that in class.....that closed-cell weatherstriping will work in a pinch...

but how many times i gotta mention Steam Genie to yous moreens...huh?

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
If the tank has a flange around the top, so that the flange is parallel to the lid of the tank, I recommend liquid silicone...

Clean the flange and the inside of the tank lid.

Lightly sand the flange so that it's actually clean and a bit rough.

Apply car wax to the inside of the tank lid, let dry and buff.
(Do this at least twice.)

Squirt a bead of silicone around the flange, then spread it out so that it's wide and flat, about 1/4" thick and almost as wide as the flange. Spread it as evenly as possible when you do.

Allow it to dry enough, so that it skims over and doesn't stick to your finger when you lightly touch it. (Usually takes a couple of hours, depending upon ambient temperature).

Place the tank lid on the tank and weight it down with as many bricks as necessary to get an even pressure on the lid. (6 bricks on a typical rectangular tank) Of course, you can use anything that has similar weight.

Let it set at least over night. (It can require as much as two days in colder weather, in my experience.)

Take the bricks off and "pop" the lid off. (It will slightly stick and need to be pried off.) Check it, and if it still feels pliable, weigh it down again and try after another 12 hours or so.

Usually, it's good to go after an overnight period to set. This is especially true if it is in a warm ambient temperature.

This type of seal is a bit involved to put on, but lasts for YEARS...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom