Waste tank gasket

Cameron1

There is a guy on another board talking about his air leak with his gasket which sits on top of the waste tank itself. What's your best fix for this problem, as we seem to have the same problem continuously ?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steve said:
There is a guy on another board talking about his air leak with his gasket which sits on top of the waste tank itself. What's your best fix for this problem, as we seem to have the same problem continuously ?

if there's a flat lip in the tank like mine (it's about 1" wide)
scrape the old stuff off, wire brush it for a CLEAN surface to start with, then run a 1/4 to 3/8 wide bead of RTV silicone.

let it set up til it's no longer tacky to touch (but not cured) takes about 30 to 50 minutes.
Then lay the tank lid on to flatten out any hi/low spots.

Remove the lid and let cure over night

..L.T.A.

Cameron1

Your TM distributor ?

I'm big on distributor's, but ya think I might be looking for something else there Mr. Snot, maybe something that will last.

Thanks Mr. Larry,,
that sounds like it will work just fine. I should have thought of that myself.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Thats funny cuz that i what i doing right now...i'm painting two waste tanks and lids. I use the closed cell style that they put pickup caps on the rails with.....it's got it's own sticky however i use a Little weatherstripping adhesive as well...GOTTA LET DRY OVER NITE TOO!

ON THE LID......always on the lid!

TimP

The guy on the other board was talking about the older Hydramaster tank lids. Which needs tank support brackets as the hm tanks were designed poorly for going through seals, as they flex and create lots of movement thus shredding the seal. It has been gone over before on here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom