Waste tank repair

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
My prochem PTO had a big crack in the waste tank so heres my 20 min repair until it gets bigger.
[/img]th_100_3277.jpg[/img]
[/img]th_100_3278.jpg[/img]
[/img]th_100_3279.jpg[/img]

Greenie

ahh.......aluminum tanks.

gotta do what ya gotta do.

btw: you have my cell right, 951-218-9177 gonna be visiting mom for her birthday tomorrow but feel free to call when you have a min.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So my patch got some jobs done but you could still hear it suck some air. So I tore it down to see how bad. Not good as you can see. Prochem must have smoking something when they came up with this design. No way to clean around coils. [/img]th_100_3281.jpg[/img]
[/img]th_100_3282.jpg[/img]
[/img]th_100_3283.jpg[/img]

Name
Nate W.
Louis said:
So my patch got some jobs done but you could still hear it suck some air. So I tore it down to see how bad. Not good as you can see. Prochem must have smoking something when they came up with this design. No way to clean around coils. [/img]th_100_3281.jpg[/img]
[/img]th_100_3282.jpg[/img]
[/img]th_100_3283.jpg[/img]

That's why they're #1 for a reason. And don't you forget it. :lol:

What do you expect, it ain't a Judson. :wink:

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I fixed it with with some coaching from greenie ( Thank You Greenie) What a PITA. Had re plumb some stuff because crap was so tight that 3/8" made it so the oil lines would not go back on. So after many trips to ace and hydraulic shops that did not have what I needed it's fixed. 3100 hr and only 6 yr old machine and the tank does this, Quality stuff.

So who says whos #1 because this machine would not rank very high on my list.

[/img]
100_3285.jpg
[/img]

Becker

Name
Becker
I'm sure he did not ask for anything on the advice, But just imagine how much he saving you in professional repairs, and possible down time, lost or delayed jobs.

Toking is a nice gesture.

Mr.V

If I remember correctly,,,,the Prochem machine is actually an "Aquatech" machine............which was bought out by Cleanco

I don't think we have as much problems with tanks up in the great white north cuz our water is so much cleaner in beautiful british columbia :D

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
If you brought this to the shop would they repair it, try to sell you a new machine or refuse to repair it because of some strange reason?

I have not had my machine to the suppiler since I joined this board. I do all machine repairs myself now. This one I wasn't too sure about but after talking with greenie I had a plan. Of course the the whloe oil line thing was prochems design & murphys law that made this repair take forever.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Thats a excellent repair. Nice and clean and will probably out last the rest of the tank.

A plumber was telling me of this product he has. Its like a playdough, pliable, and it will dry as hard as metal. He told me he was repairing a cast iron pipe, took a wad of this, flattened it out and covered the hole.
I'll have to get the name of it from him. Good to keep some on hand if you have older tanks.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
The coil is a cooling coil for the hydraulic oil. The waste basket sits in the middle of the coils.

Greenie

Glad all is well, I know this kind of stuff can be really frustrating. Despite all the bad press Prochem took for the Hydraulic machines, I think if done right and not cheaply, that hydraulic still has a future in this industry, too many Heavy Equip. machines run it daily and dependibly to ignore that fact, and a hydraulic system by design offers the most flexibility....if only done right.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Louis said:
The coil is a cooling coil for the hydraulic oil. The waste basket sits in the middle of the coils.

:roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:

rick imby

Name
Rick
I have a stupid question. How does a Hydraulic Truckmount work? Do you power the blower hydraulic ly? then use the heat from the hydraulic fluid to heat the waste water? Why not preheat the fresh water? Don't you lose a lot of energy transfering to hydraulic instead of a direct or belt drive of the blower?

G

Nice Patch; I see Greenie has had some MAW Training; Looks like good stuff.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
The van motor drives the hydraulic pump, It has a 25 gallon tank of oil (Heavy). It drives the unit with no problem. It gets it heat from the van , the hydraulic oil and the blower. You have to run the machine at 2300rpms to get heat over 200.

The machine is designed to run at 2600 rpm but it is a bad design and stuff just breaks every 100 hours if you run it at 2600. I run it at 2200 and it runs fine but I only get over 200 in the summer and long jobs in the winter

This machine does not make them #1 in my book, but I guess every one screws up one time, but I own the screw up :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom