Waste tank

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I went thru the search results for waste tank seal... Not enough info on them.

Anybody have any idea what works good and where to get it?

No- calling the manufacturer doesn't always do you the best. I have gotten a brand new tank lid seal and only a couple of months later its falling apart already... :roll:

I need a good idea how to or where to get something that seals and stays in place!!!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uhhh weather stripping, from a lowes

Automotive type

something from an RV store??

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
use the sticky camper top seal for pickup truck...
and if you want it to really stay...apply some weatherstrip adhesive first!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
put it on the lid....
not the tank!

i'm doing mine tomorrow..
i'll take pics

here it is trying to take it off...
that's a chisle.......
wastechisle.jpg

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I make my own seals because they last forever. JUst get a tube of black polyurethane used for flashing. I run a nice even bead and then let it sit for about ten minutes. Cover it with wax paper and press down. It makes a perfect seal and the stuff lasts forever. Make sure that you clean the area first, and don't forget the wax paper or it will become permanent.

gene

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I need a flange type seal.......flat tank lid, but a sharp edge on the tank. I've looked everywhere for it, but it's hard to find. Since PC doesn't seem to be in business, That's another problem. The last set of seals they shipped me were not the same as the originals.

I was thinking "weatherstrips" from car and truck door seals, but they have to with stand the vac of the Genesis. Most door seals have a nice rubber coated metal flange to mount on the tank.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
rwcarpet said:
I need a flange type seal.......flat tank lid, but a sharp edge on the tank. I've looked everywhere for it, but it's hard to find. Since PC doesn't seem to be in business, That's another problem. The last set of seals they shipped me were not the same as the originals.

I was thinking "weatherstrips" from car and truck door seals, but they have to with stand the vac of the Genesis. Most door seals have a nice rubber coated metal flange to mount on the tank.

http://www.interlinksupply.com/index.ht ... PHY131-028

or they have the one with the small bulb on top to help seal

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
My tank had the seal on the upper edge of the tank, not the lid. I was going through seals a lot. I found a roll of auto door edge guard that fit right on the tank. It seals great and has held up for years.

John Watson

My JEMs waste tank has 2 12" removable lids held down with 3 thumb screws. Same gaskets since 1988, Jim Miller milled a small groove near the edge and glued in an O ring

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
is there a flat edge on the top of your tank, Zee?

if so, a bead of silicone is the ticket .
An even 1/4" bead of silicone around the top.
Let it set up til it it skins up (not tacky to touch) about a half hour, giver or take.
Put the lid on and press down ..that will smooth out any high and low spots.
remove the lid and let the bead cure 24 hours

Obviously the tank edge needs to thoroughly cleaned before applying the silicone bead

..L.T.A.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Robert- Trim Lok is what you need. I use it around the perimeter of the tank and use a seal with metal in it across the baffles. I get mine at my local chemical supply co., Trident Co. 262-784-3663. It takes 11 feet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom