Water Claw/human urine Rx

hogjowl

Idiot™
Gotta buy me a water claw to flood and treat a patch of urine soaked carpet and padding. What is the Mikey's Board recommended product to flood treat this with?

I already have some of the Judson's Quat stuff. Is that enough?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I like Pro's choice OSR ..But I have been using Cobbs Oder Attack and I think it does a little better job....it has the enzyme thing going on with it......

Although I do have a few sizes of water claws I always grab my spot claw for this type of extraction....IMO I can get a better suction on the carpet and pad then I get with a water claw.......( it's a personal preference thing )

and if you are having to buy one this one is cheaper any way....

I think Quat is just for smell ?????

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Human urine is not nearly as concentrated as most pet urine. So, the odor and stain are generally easier to remove.

I have not tried the Judson Quat product, but from the reports I hear, I expect it would work fine for the odor. Flushing with water should take car of the stain.

CTI's OSR would be another option. That always worked good for me.

If you find you need something additional for the odor, give Hydrocide a try. No strong fragrance. It simply gets rid of the odor. Use at 4 ounces per gallon.

If you have a stain remaining, Stain Zone will take care of it.

Of course, nothing I say qualifies as the "official Mikey's Board" solution for anything. But I will stand behind this advice if Mike won't.

Scott Warrington

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Pee Radicator (dwell 20 minutes) rinsed with Whamm. Post pad & force dry...

G

I think what you got should work fine.

Which size Claw are you going to buy?

G

DUDE!

I happen to know that Marty can be very sensitive at times and that post will probably make him cry.

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
Josh,

If this were the RED Board, I would understand the Political Correctness crap!

But come-on, the sensitive types better get thicker pig-skin or go home! :roll:

windmarkbob

What A. Wilson said. OSR HOT, dwell, claw, molecular modifier. Just add coming back out 3 days later to clean the carpet...you don't want to clean out the M.M., but it's gonna dry sticky.

Mr. Coffee

hogjowl

Idiot™
I bought the medium sized claw ... 10" x 17". I almost bought the $129 spot claw, but figured I'd get better overall utility out of a larger one, over time.

The two areas that need treatment are both food tray sized areas and have had repeated exposures over an extended period of time.

DevilDog

Just listen up old man....OSR mixed with pretty hot water in a watering can that has the head with a lot of little holes (much like yours). You want it foaming pretty good.

Pour the OSR through the little holes and saturate the area. Now give it some dwell time, about 15 minutes, and extract like a raped ape with the Water Claw.

Then, you simply put you smeller to the carpet and smell what is going on.

If there is still odor then do the SAME thing with Hydrocide or Odorcide and the odor is gone...GUARANTEED.

You do not need a f'ing DVD to do this.

You could also just do the area again with OSR. This process, especially the second go around is FAST and very effective.

If you want you can buy my DVD soon. It will have a goofy pic of me in a bikini on a beach in the filipines.

DevilDog

Brad_Smith

Skip the overpriced OSR and get some oxyclean or mail order SP. I'm liking quat alot so far ( ordered a couple gallons to try). I spike with some smell good.

I have the medium claw but the more odor I do I'm thinking of getting the large claw. I have no patience.

I agree human piss isn't as strong.

cat and ferret first, then, small dog, big dog, and last human.

Mikey P

Administrator
He is still figuring out how to attach his new filter box to the Water Claw.

Is this the first urine puddle you've come across in 20 years of cleaning Mort?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Of course not, Mikey.

But, if you don't ask questions, you may miss out on new information.

Asking stupid questions (as you recently pointed out) may be a habit of mine, but it IS a good way to stay on top of new things that may have come out without you knowing of it.

I haven't done the job yet, because my OSR and Water Claw are in shipping. Should have them Monday or Tuesday.

PS That abuse from Todd was actually funny. For once ...

DevilDog

Come on Marty...you know damn well you have laughed at me at least twice.

Give me some credit Ned.

DevilDog

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I could see using the smaller hand held claw due to smaller area / more suction.If you don't have one you can reduce your existing wc by restricting some of the length with plastic or whatever you have around.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom