Water Claw

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
I haven't had a need for this tool yet but I've been looking. How often are you or your techs using them? In this shape would would you say its worth?

Attachments

• water claw.jpg
    water claw.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 218
  • water claw2.jpg
    water claw2.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 235

John Olson

Name
John Olson
A new one is $429 and being a Mikeysboarder you can get a new one from me delivered for that price or less so Id say that one is worth $350 or so since it has the bag. The new ones don't come with the bag anymore

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
A must for water damage restoration. Helpful for urine and other spotting situations but far from necessary. They don't come with the carrying bag anymore, that is optional at additional cost. SO, a Water Claw in good condition with the bag should be worth $200 or more.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
scott why did the extraction surface on the water claw change?

didn't even notice this until the other day.

is the new design suppose to be more efficient or cheaper to manufacture?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
On the top of the base where the handle clicks in, underneath the piece of steel is an orange rubberized material.

Mine is disintegrating.

Can this be purchased ??

If not, what is the suggested replacement for this orange crap??

Thank you.

:yoda:

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
So Mikey, if you're not using the claw much anymore for urine, what's you're process for those situations? I think you're dead on with the "false promises" comment by the way.

I'm running into more and more situations with urine problems it seems. Damn hard to come out looking good in those situations.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I'm running into more and more situations with urine problems it seems. Damn hard to come out looking good in those situations.
We make sure the customers understand that there are no guarantees when it comes to odor and urine remediation. We never claim we can completely remove it and have them sign off on this. They get it and it's never been an issue. Never had a call back.

We probably use the water claw once a week, every two weeks for pet damage.

Reactions: JS41035 and SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
We explain the situation in livid detail.

We tell them our xray vision has failed with old age and that we'll do our best to flush the urine out of the yarns with our REs.

We use Odorcide or Uturn and 40 as pre soaks and in the pre spray.

Im not interested in lifting carpet and replacing pad. Its a scam imo.
Once the amount of urine it takes to go through a carpet and into the pad and into the subfloor, the situation is too far gone to fix.

Flush the yarns, let the pets die off then replace everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Odorcide Mike

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
On the top of the base where the handle clicks in, underneath the piece of steel is an orange rubberized material.

Mine is disintegrating.

Can this be purchased ??

Thank you.

Yes the Orange seal can be purchased seperate and replaced.

Reactions: J Scott W

John Olson

Name
John Olson

Mine is disintegrating.

Can this be purchased ??

Thank you.

Yes Shorty we can send you the gasket it is NM5534 and is $12.88
showimg.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
Like melon head, I almost never use mine. I don't do water restoration, but I always go extract water for my customers while waiting on ServePro to come take over. Then they ALWAYS yank the carpet out, so I don't know why I bother?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Like melon head, I almost never use mine. I don't do water restoration, but I always go extract water for my customers while waiting on ServePro to come take over. Then they ALWAYS yank the carpet out, so I don't know why I bother?
"Wet" carpet and pad are way easier to removed then "saturated" pad and carpet. And you get paid to remove it because it actually speeds things up and is safer

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

I just sub for a WD company, extracting at the start of a job, either for drying or for weight reduction for tearing out the carpet. No matter to me....if they're paying, I'm extracting. Don't care what they do after I leave!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I agree, and I get paid, so it's ok.
What gets me is they always tell the property owner they're taking it back to their facility to dry it! I kid you not! I thought that went out in the 70'S?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
One of the big franchises here charges the same to dry out the structure as we would to dry out the carpet, cushion drywall & structure. They tear everything out, thrown a bunch of equipment in and let it ride. :oldrolleyes:

Being a vendor their rates are cheaper so the insurance companies let then get away with it. We would have dried it in nearly half the time, saving all surfaces. However the insurance companies prefer to use them because they are cheaper. ??? :oldrolleyes:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I've had great success with my water claws and OSR or cobbs odor attack and some odercide. Generally I flood urine stains with Joe's S.O.O. soils and oils odor control, and 40 volume 12 oz to 20 oz. each in hydroforce surface sanitize using a blacklight. Larger contaminations and cats get the claw and OSR.

Obviously I dont go over board promising the world but with a black light and todays tools and chemicals we can have alot of success!

Reactions: Bryan S. Bennett

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
scott why did the extraction surface on the water claw change?

didn't even notice this until the other day.

is the new design suppose to be more efficient or cheaper to manufacture?

The extraction for the Water Claw has not changed. The extraction surface for the Flash Extractor did change. The engineers computer models said it would be more efficient for extracting water. But after 8 months, we found most techs either preferred the original design or they had nor preference. So, returned to the original design.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The extraction for the Water Claw has not changed. The extraction surface for the Flash Extractor did change. The engineers computer models said it would be more efficient for extracting water. But after 8 months, we found most techs either preferred the original design or they had nor preference. So, returned to the original design.

I have 7 or 8 water claws and none of them look like this on the bottom

0713F06C-B116-4D2F-9FF8-9E5151C0CFFE.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom