Water damage marketing/salesperson

Name
John
So we're trying to continue to grow our restoration business. I'm gonna add a salesperson/ marketer to try and generate. Basically it's my wife so we're not paying anyone outside.. I'm lost on which direction to send her in as far as cold calling or going and visiting insurance. Any advice on where to start and how to go about it?? She's very outgoing but hasn't done much on the restoration side. Script or what ? Advice please

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Start with those that are going to need the service. Property managers, facilities managers, city, county risk managers. Start a list with anyone that is a center of influence for this type of work. Develope a route and be consistant. People relationship buy services too, your odds of getting work go up with your frequency of visits. She will need cards, a magnet, company brochure or flyer.

This is a slow way to gain business, be patient. You are planting seeds for the future incident. Don't expect to much, it takes time.

Name
John
Frequency of calls or visits?? Once a month or so? I'm not concerned with adjusters but it seems most call the insurance agency first and adjuster is assigned after start of job.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
personally I wouldn't waste time with the insurance industry unless you are a prefered vendor.

Nothing wrong with monthly contact. Email, snail mail, I would not phone call them. Most are too busy and will see you as intruding on their time.

You have to catagorize contacts by their value to you. Some monthly, most every other month. Others quarterly and those that have some potential every 6-months.
Work your client base. They know you and already trust you, educate them that you should be the first call.

Name
John
Great advice.... I'm not concerned with big boys such as State Farm and those types. There's a lot of independent insurance agencies in my rural area. What about direct mail out postcards to residents homes and businesses maybe like every other month or something.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Great advice.... I'm not concerned with big boys such as State Farm and those types. There's a lot of independent insurance agencies in my rural area. What about direct mail out postcards to residents homes and businesses maybe like every other month or something.
Yes try the EDDM postcards but don't put all your eggs in one basket. Market your cleaning services on one side too.
We have had WDR work that came directly from EDDM cards that just casually mentioned water damage. Homeowner had an incident and remembered seeing it on the card. I had two jobs $6k total that tild the techs they called because of the card.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom