Water Damage Restoration Truck load list

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Water Damage Restoration Truck load list

Aside from airmovers and dehumidifiers, air scrubbers what other items do you have on your trucks for WDR?

Moisture Detector
IR Camera
Briefcase- Additional paperwork, camera, flashlight, hygrometer
PPE Bag –Each tech “On Call” has their personal bags that week
Extraction Tools –Carpet Wand, Stair Tool, Vacuum Claw, Leech, 65-Drag Tool, Aqua Helix , Rover Ride on extractor
Floor Squeegee Vacuum tool
Floor Squeegee pole & blade
Hard Surface Wand w/brush
Pressure Washing Gun
Rubber Boots
Ladder
6-Mil Trash Bags
6-Mil Sheeting
3-M Tape
Tool Box
Large plastic Scoop Shovel
Big Mutt Floor Scraper
Extension Cords
Extension Cord Three way Splitters
Bag of Blocks & Sticky tabs
Latex Gloves
Shoe Covers
Door Guard
Floor mat
MultiSprayer
Antimicrobial
Biocide
Tool Box-hammer, stair tool, door tool, Awl, knee kicker, staple gun, staples, carpet knife, large scissors, pry bar, nail puller, nail tap, baseboard putty

Reactions: tmdry

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Extra clothes

Small generator ie inverter.

Bin full of work lights

Masonite sheeting to protect delicate flooring and cover holes that were cut for drying purposes.

Power tools like saws all and rotozip to cut and a 18v power drill.

An air supply type air mover with quick deploying 20 ft ducting for pushing air in a building or exhausting smoke or air out of a building. - a man hole style air mover.

1 or 2 injection units along with drying floor mats.

I know you mentioned flashlight but I make sure there are three or four flashlights on truck at all times. We just have the led packs from SAMs that come with batteries in the packages.

We carry a few different style and power dehus. Like our main airmover is the Phoenix focus axial but we carry drieaz Sahara pros x3 and a couple of Sahara 1 hp motor unit for when they are needed.

We carry three lighted pop up safety cones from interlink, not just for safety but to bring attention to us while doing a job after dark.

We usually carry two 220 to 2 110 electrical boxes both for either three or four spring 220 outlets.

We have a bin with a few sets of extra hoses for dehus along with new plastic quick connects. We usually carry a few filter for both styles of dehus we are carrying at the time.

During the summer we carry an drieaz eb1400 portable a/c unit on the truck as well.

We carry containment systems like zip wall including two full sets of poles ready with sheeting and quick zipper doors.

I know we are missing some stuff will need to go and take a peek in the truck and see what I have forgotten.

We always have the truck stocked heavy and diversified as our immediate service area is up to 300 miles and it is a major inconvenience if we forget something that is not on an extraction truck or on an equipment truck.

Reactions: tmdry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Those are all good items to have, most of that is on our drying truck.

Our drying truck acts as both a support truck for large jobs and as a monitoring vehicle for multiple jobs or as a vehicle for specialty drying, ETES, Injectidry's and panels. We Use them standard water trucks for immediate response and the LCF as support after the initial extraction has taken place.

You having such a large service area I can see why you are loaded for bear! :icon_cool:

What did you tell me about those Poly Hangers for hanging 6-mil to ceiling grid, did you want some of those? I still need to order them, I think we are getting pretty low. They work great for containment on commercial jobs.

View attachment 3055

Last edited by a moderator:

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
In addition to your very thorough lists :razz:

1-2 empty 50 gal trash cans (clean never used for trash) - in the event you don't have a drain source within reach of your best dehu/s placement
3' wide rolls of paper floor protection
sliders
**-lift bar
**-lift straps
tools to disassemble, furniture, shelves etc (allen keys, screwdrivers, crescent, small socket set)
cut foam strips for covering tackless when floating

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

We used to carry barrels all the time but due to space and more pumping than actual draining (50's, 110's) we got away from having them on the truck. We need to figure a way to suspend a couple from the ceiling somewhere.

We will get the occasional call saying they need some barrels. More with commercial work since a rest room or sink isn't always nearby. We have the recycle barrels, the blue ones and drill a hole in the lid to drain into.

Good additions to the list Anthony!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Chalklines and extra chalk.

Circuit tester

I found if you use a metal L Square and slide it under carpet/doorways to find the seam you can make a better seam cut rathan than butchering it.

I will check my list when I get to the computer because I have a whole list of things, and can copy and paste.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
You guys need to get hooked up with Kett Tools and hepa vacs. One of the best tools for us. Very clean for big drywall removal days.

Name
George Valliant
I just got back from that storm that hit Boulder Colorado. In addition to a bunch of tools, i had camping gear and 5 days of food and water on the truck.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You guys need to get hooked up with Kett Tools and hepa vacs. One of the best tools for us. Very clean for big drywall removal days.
mold_zps7aaead3a.jpg
Like this! We have vacuum assisted Kett saws and 15-HEPA vacuums but all that gear is with our Mold Remediation equipment. We don't use that much on water losses but yes it works great on mold jobs to control dust, and spores.

Back when Mold was Gold we were doing over 1-million just in Mold Remediation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Richard I just did some wet basements in this townhouse complex that I work for and they could never figure out where the water is coming from so they can do repairs so I introduced them to a guy I know that runs a business using a thermo imaging (IR) camera. He charged them $300.00 per unit to scope it. I think this is a great service but I also think he over priced the service and will loose out on 20 such complexes with over 60 units each that are all connected and could all use this service on a regular basis.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's much more than we would have charged BUT what did he do for it?

If he mapped it all out in his computer showing what was wet in each townhouse, that's added desk time that has to be compensated for. If he just walked through each condo and just showed them what was wet and they took notes he made good money but as you said is very short sighted on a continued relationship.

We would probably charge $75.00 an hour with no report, $150.00 an hour with a report that included images.

For facility managers we have a relationship with we offer the IR Camera service at no charge. 9-10 times it's work for us, dry it or remove it so we'd be fools not to give it away it's our foot in the door. They realize the value and we are frequently called when they have a leak or an odor for investigative work.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Richard I just did some wet basements in this townhouse complex that I work for and they could never figure out where the water is coming from so they can do repairs so I introduced them to a guy I know that runs a business using a thermo imaging (IR) camera. He charged them $300.00 per unit to scope it. I think this is a great service but I also think he over priced the service and will loose out on 20 such complexes with over 60 units each that are all connected and could all use this service on a regular basis.

So how did the VS perform on a water loss?:icon_razz:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
So how did the VS perform on a water loss?:icon_razz:

Remove wet unerpadding install space heaters rented dehus and airmovers confined wet area with poly curtains. Finish clean with VS. The reason I removed the wet underpadding is because the flood happened on a Friday and the property managers were not notified till Monday.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've often thought about using low moisture to clean after water losses. It doesn't make a lot of sense to pay me to dry it and then pay me to re-wet it. :eekk:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
That's much more than we would have charged BUT what did he do for it?

If he mapped it all out in his computer showing what was wet in each townhouse, that's added desk time that has to be compensated for. If he just walked through each condo and just showed them what was wet and they took notes he made good money but as you said is very short sighted on a continued relationship.

We would probably charge $75.00 an hour with no report, $150.00 an hour with a report that included images.

For facility managers we have a relationship with we offer the IR Camera service at no charge. 9-10 times it's work for us, dry it or remove it so we'd be fools not to give it away it's our foot in the door. They realize the value and we are frequently called when they have a leak or an odor for investigative work.

He did give them a print out of where the water was coming from.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Then it definitely has more value and he should charge accordingly. Everyone has their own pricing and I'm sure he feels the service is worth the charge but I do believe he is being short sighted. If that were my rate I'd let them know this is the standard rate but because I want your continued business I will give you a 20% discount off my services when paid in 10-days.

ThermalImageGreg_zpsa5c208a0.jpg

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
My main issue w/ those power tools to cut drywall is the noise, since 90% of my losses that I get are people that are still living in the home. We usually get to the house and when tear off is necessary many times it is late in the evening hours when people are going to bed or close to it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom