water dripping from exhaust

saltcoupe

Name
stew wheeler
This is on a Prochem performer cub xl. Water started coming from the exhaust today. Not a lot, just dripping really but its black (because its coming from the engine exhaust) and making a mess. My question is: coils in the heat exchanger leaking? is that it or is there any chance it could be something else? Thanks in advance for any input!

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Call me tomorrow and ill ask a few questions and have you do a few things to check of it is condensation or a bad HX number is in my signature

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This is on a Prochem performer cub xl. Water started coming from the exhaust today. Not a lot, just dripping really but its black (because its coming from the engine exhaust) and making a mess. My question is: coils in the heat exchanger leaking? is that it or is there any chance it could be something else? Thanks in advance for any input!
could be condensation, with more humid air you'll get some dripping until the coils get hot.

On some of the eariler Cubs the condensation would not completely burn off and build up in the bottom of the heat exchanger. They had a Retro kit to alleviate the problem but that was many years ago.

Is the noticeable loss of pressure? Are you going through more water than usual?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Many don't realize that the principal components of a clean burning engine exhaust are carbon dioxide and water vapor. When you start cold, the water vapor in the exhaust has so many components that it passes through that take a while to heat up, that you can have quite a bit of that water vapor condensing on the walls of these components, such as the heat exchanger. Once the heat exchanger warms, the amount of condensing vapor drops and then exits the system still in the vapor phase, and the dripping stops. However, a leaking exchanger will drip continuously, even after warm-up.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
My go fast car will drip water out of the exhaust year round for the first 5 - 7 minutes she is running - and a LOT. I swear I could fill up a coffee cup on each side.

My TM's will do the same sometimes.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Water doesnt burn. Use a fuel additive or Rubbing Alcohol

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
When it comes to alcohol of any sort I believe Chris is the man to talk to..

WTH? U called me w some sort of horrid and continuous sucking sound distorting every other word!
Some crap about getting your hair done, really yo come on.

I was nappin in tha hammock fooker : )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom