Water Electroalysis

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Has a carpet cleaning company in the past used water electrolysis in their cleaning process?

Specifically the alkaline side of the process.

What about Zerorez or Venturi?

They would have had to carry their own water unless they had some kind of unit on their trucks.

Anyone in the know?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Lots of electrolysis damage to my old truckmounts. Trust me, electrolysis hold no value in cleaning. Anyone that that is using it in their marketing is trying to mystify there customers with bullshit.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
"Sodium Hydroxide" water. http://eau-x.com/eau_technology/page5.html

The miracle is the marketing of a relatively simple concept that uses a "Rube Goldberg" process and then capitalize on the unique nature by creating an aura of mystery.

What is unique?

1. A Sodium Hydroxide and filtered water solution which is the rinse. (conventional presprays and spotters are used in pretreatment)
2. Nobody in their right mind would use Sodium Hydroxide as the primary, or in this case, the only builder in their rinse solution, UNLESS they could capitalize on a a relatively complex process of making the product exclusively, AND have a marketing campaign to sell it.
3. The product can be duplicated by simply adding a small amount of Sodium Hydroxide to filtered water. But then how would you market it? Are you going to say that you use a dilute lye solution to clean the carpet? Heck no... But if you can patent a "relatively" complex process that can be done at your base of operations, to do the same thing, you can then establish a very carefully worded marketing campaign that creates a unique selling position.

This is an ingenious variation of the original concept that started the "soap-free" phenomenon. Take something simple, that works "reasonably" well and brainstorm a series of bullet points that mystifies and amplifies the product/process apart and favorably from the competition.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Shawn Forsythe said:
"Sodium Hydroxide" water. http://eau-x.com/eau_technology/page5.html

The miracle is the marketing of a relatively simple concept that uses a "Rube Goldberg" process and then capitalize on the unique nature by creating an aura of mystery.

What is unique?

1. A Sodium Hydroxide and filtered water solution which is the rinse. (conventional presprays and spotters are used in pretreatment)
2. Nobody in their right mind would use Sodium Hydroxide as the primary, or in this case, the only builder in their rinse solution, UNLESS they could capitalize on a a relatively complex process of making the product exclusively, AND have a marketing campaign to sell it.
3. The product can be duplicated by simply adding a small amount of Sodium Hydroxide to filtered water. But then how would you market it? Are you going to say that you use a dilute lye solution to clean the carpet? Heck no... But if you can patent a "relatively" complex process that can be done at your base of operations, to do the same thing, you can then establish a very carefully worded marketing campaign that creates a unique selling position.

This is an ingenious variation of the original concept that started the "soap-free" phenomenon. Take something simple, that works "reasonably" well and brainstorm a series of bullet points that mystifies and amplifies the product/process apart and favorably from the competition.

You right on the path I'm talking about Shawn.

Reason I started this thread is because of this: www.orbio.com

Look at the 5000Sc

I've been selling and using the Ionator EXP for the last year and am very impressed with the cleaning and sanitizing ability. I've run extensive testing with an ATP meter and have had excellent feedback from my customers on how well it works. The ionator uses both sides of the electrolysis process as well as electroporation. I've used it for carpet spotting with pretty good results. The kicker is that it is only viable as a cleaning solution for 45 seconds.

Orbio is coming out with the 5000-Sc which utilizes the alkaline side of the process which is, of course, sodium hydroxide. Although a weak solution (less than .05% ) The acid (hydrochloric) side is considered waste and pumped down the drain. This solution is a lot more stable and in a sealed container is good for at least a month.

We're waiting for our unit to arrive but they claim it cleans carpet very well using it both as a pre-spray and rinse. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot. They are trying to get it out as soon as they can since it isn't a patentable technology.

Was wondering if this has been attempted before, but a lot more sugar coated.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom