water shut-off

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
There must be a better shut-off valve then a float on a stick. They never seem to work completely and are hard on pumps. Anybody using something better?

Gene

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I just installed this 1/2" Hudson valve in each of my 60gal saddle tanks. I used a brass 1/2"npt x 3/4" barb fitting along with the 3/4" agriculture hose I bought a the farm store. I'm real happy with it. Fills the tanks to within 1.5" of the top. I bought mine through McMasterCarr for $26.45 each.

http://www.hudsonvalve.com/

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
That's a great idea. How hot is the water in your tank. My main problem with the plastic shut-offs is they melt. My tank hits 180. The brass take the temp but they always seem to leak which just kills the pumps.

Gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
thanks shane,

I'll give it shot. The plastic valves I have tried in the past have worked the best except for the heat distortion.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
home depot brass , no. i forget the brand of shut-off valve but its for commercial application. The main problem is the floats are designed for a longer leverage point. The box is so small that the lever is only 2" long. It can't provide the force necessary for a quick shut-off. The plastic one works great until they start to distort from th heat. The brass is fine for a garden hose but kills pumps from the pulsing.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom