Water softener questions

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Does anyone know what the flow rate out of the van mounted water softener is?

If I have a jar of salt and run my water through this jar, does this do anything like a water softener?

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
I just charged mine yesterday after all the talk from the experts. If you have a conventional type don't try to use the pellets, just the smaller grain type. My water hardness was reading at 40 or so before the charge and 5 after recharging. How long should a charge last? I need to keep up with checking this thing every month.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
From what I understand each softener can remove a certain amount of grains depending on how big the unit is. So I believe that you would take that number and divide by the average grains in your water and that would give you he number of gallons you can run through your system before recharging.

Reactions: J Scott W

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Saltwater releases minerals from resin. The softener in my van is over twelve years old. Tested it yesterday; still doing its job.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The larger water softeners sold for truckmounts will remove 32,000 grains between recharges. For an average cleaner with average hard water, that is about 28 days. Your results may vary. Test regualrly for a few months. You will begin to see a pattern that fits your use and the hardness of the water in your area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
Thanks Scott, I will try to remember to test and charge it at the beginning of each month.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
The larger water softeners sold for truckmounts will remove 32,000 grains between recharges. For an average cleaner with average hard water, that is about 28 days. Your results may vary. Test regualrly for a few months. You will begin to see a pattern that fits your use and the hardness of the water in your area.
How about the concept of a jar of salt with water running through it? How would that affect water quality, would it soften the water or just make it saltwater?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom