water softener

Ricky Thurman

I picked up a new water softener for cheap the other day. I've never messed with these before......

How do I hook it up and how do I charge it?

watersoftener001.jpg

watersoftener002.jpg

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Sorry Ricky, I don't know anything about these but maybe you can find the manual online. I've heard that sometimes the beads are no good on older ones. I would think you can test the hardness on the intake and again on the outlet to see if there is a change. But I'm just guessing.

Sure someone will chime in. Where did you get it?.

Albert

Ricky Thurman

This is the one that Magic Wand used to sell. I don't know if they still do or not. From the website, it sounds like maybe they had these built for them. No brand name on the unit.

diamond brian

I'm one of the dummies that rents a Culligan, so I can't help you.

Call Magic Wand and see if they or their supplier can e-mail you instructions.

G

Yes, definitely call Taf at Magic Wand. If I remember right they had them made for them specifically.

Kelly

just by looking at the picture id say that the little white hose barb on the side goes to a drain during the recharging cycle. Id say that the little hose on the right side of the picture goes to the brine tank. Id look at the other two fittings and see if there is a directional arrow showing the in and out side of the softener, usually the in and out are marked. The inlet is probably on the right.

Ricky Thurman

I emailed Taf and DeeDee but no reply yet.

Kelly-
That makes sense to me....my next question is How do you charge it?

Kelly

If I remember right the water supply has to be active to the unit itself. the little hose going to the brine tank has to be installed as well. You fill the brine tank partly up with salt...usually there is a fill line, and you need to make sure you have a drain because during the charging process water flows out of the little white hose barb. if you have the unit installed make sure to block off the outlet so water cant go through the unit into the machine or flow freely. Shift the lever on the front to the appropriate position (I cant actually read the positions available the picture is blurry).
The brine tank should drain as the charging cycle starts, this runs salt into the unit. Then the rest of the charging cycle is simply to rinse the brine out of the softener itself. good luck, let me know if it works out

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom