Water Tank and Pump.....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Would a 2.2 GPH demand pump on a 20 gal tank be enough to supply the genesis with water? I want to install a water holding tank.....not too big, cause room is limited....but I also want consistant flow and pressure (this pump is 60 psi) to feed the Cat pump, run the APO when it's on, and run the Kinetico water softener, all at the same time. I doubt that I use 2.2 gals cause I don't hold the wand valve open for an entire minute...it's off and on. I would feed the water into the tank by way of a float system to keep it topped off. Does there have to be and expantion tank with in this system??

here's the system......http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/ ... _200347991

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
are you runing the axillary tank to water box the pump draws from?
How many gal is the Genny's what box?

2.2 gpm would be more than enough for "single" wand use (if you're just feeding a water box)
even with fire hose flow, you won't use more than 2.2 gpm when you add in the "normal" duty cycle on/off the wand trigger

Dual wand might be another story depending on wand flow rates, duty cycles and water box size

..L.T.A.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Robert- Go to Dultmeier.com, they have a Flojet 12v 4.95 gpm pump for about 90 bucks and they last a good long time. And you can put a number of different pressure switches on them. FJ4300-504

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
why would the apo use that pump ? i have always used a tank and i hate the pressure switch because they just don't last. i installed http://www.harwil.com/products/l-series/l-21n.php to control the level. the pump will last almost forever since it has no pressure and stays on for a controlled amount of time. I installed it directly in the water box.

gene

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
GeneMiller said:
why would the apo use that pump ? i have always used a tank and i hate the pressure switch because they just don't last. i installed http://www.harwil.com/products/l-series/l-21n.php to control the level. the pump will last almost forever since it has no pressure and stays on for a controlled amount of time. I installed it directly in the water box.

gene

Gene....on the Genesis, the APO is a Jabsco belt/clutch drive, with a nitrile impeller. When the waste tank is full and calls for the APO, a solenoid switches on and feeds the Jabsco to keep it primed. So, if you are using the APO, and a high flow wand, and the Kinetico water softener decides to recharge, you're using a lot of water at one time for a period. If you have a weak water supply, the solution feed system will not draw from the solution tank, which is another problem. So I wanted to have a water storage (fresh water) tank with a pump to feed the water inlet at a consistant pressure, and not run low. I don't have room in the van for any fresh water tanks that our suppliers offer, plus I don't want to haul around all that water weight. 20 gallons or so would be enough.

LarryMeat........the water box on a Genny can't hold more than.......1 1/2 gallons....tops. Now the water box I installed on the Powermatic is 8 gallons.....and plastic.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Basically your just installing an fresh water tank, I don't think you need a pressure switch on your transfer pump. Your Genesis may already be prewire for a transfer pump which will turn on the same time the dema switch engages. The float switch inside your mix tank will tell it when to turn on and off. Check with Jim Nape at PowerClean.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
After further thought, because your using a water softner that probably changes things.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Shane T said:
After further thought, because your using a water softner that probably changes things.

Shane....I am thinking of dumping the Kinetico for a stand alone tank that can be charged at the shop. or replaced with a fresh one every few weeks. When that Kinetico softener recharges, it really draws down the available water pressure, unless you're at a high pressure spigot hook up (like downtown). It's a "forget it" type tool (the Kinetico), but can be a real PITA sometimes, especially in low water setups.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom