Waterless diamond maintenance polishing for fun and profit by Robert Falzone

Mikey P

Administrator
Name
Ron lippold
So let me get this straight. A guy is not a hack if he uses pads, im buying a complet set of diamonds for a job next week. Great article Robert.

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
I'm concerned with using Crystallization or also known as Stone Vitrification. The acid used in these products deteriorates the calcium in the stone and makes it brittle over a period of time. The gloss of the stone has a plastic look to it and a loss of clarity. It also changes the natural colors. When using this system it is impossible not to drastically darken the grout joints. Do some research before you start using this system to polish stone surfaces.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Ray points out why I am not a fan of crystallizing. However, the reaction that makes the stone brittle and "plastic" comes from a reaction between the acid and the metal in the steel wool. When using an acid with natural fiber pads, there is no more damage than using acidic powder polishes (such as 5X powder) on marble.

Name
Robert Falzone
I've spent 11 months since the last MIkeyfest to darken grout joints using this StonePro crystalizer and Spinergy pads with no sucess. Mark Cavillo at StonePro said that he hasn't been able to darken grout lines with his product either. I'm pretty sure that whatever process darkens the grout lines is not part of the process with the waterless diamond polishing system. That being said, I have an open mind. If someone gets dark grout lines using StonePro Polish Pro with a Spinergy pad, let Mark Cavillo and I know.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Robert, I believe these pads to be different to the:

Viper/Spinergy stone polishing pads, is this correct??

I can't find them listed on any Australian suppliers list.

Are they exported down under?

Thank you.

:yoda:[h=1][/h]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom