Wd on Christmas ?????

Lets hear from the Pro's ....... Do you charge above the After Hour rate ?

We are heading out now to a Wd in 3 feet of snow. There are 2 foot icicles from the water running out the sub floor and building up outside on the exterior.

When I worked for servicemaster, we got called out during the super bowl. You do not charge more to insurance. But I would pay the employees more. If your call out bonus is 50 give them 100. Plus double time wages. You make big money in water damage, give the people a taste. Just my opinion here. Ron

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
In New Zealand, you HAVE to pay them more. In fact, bonuses aside, the wage must be paid at time and a half for the day and they must also receive time in leiu.

You add that up and you're at 2.5 times the 'normal' rate.

You've GOT to pass it on as far as I'm concerned. and I do. That's beside the 4 hour minimum pay, after hour bonuses etc etc.

Will people pay it? yes and no. Will insurers pay it? Often yes, but within reason. I don't pass on the full amount, but often 1.5-2 times the normal rate and they pay gladly.

Then again, I'm a sucker, my staff are off and I'm covering all callouts for the next ten days, because I'm the business owner :roll:

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom