WDR Pros

windmarkbob

How likely is it you can get 5 or 6 dri-eaz 1200's and 13-14 sahara fans running in the downstairs areas only in an occupied two-story home without using a power distribution system of some sort? I was talking to a local restorer the other day who says he typically puts that amount of equipment in an average 2,500 sf home without tripping breakers.

Mr. Coffee

G

I just went to a job that had a roof leak,they had 15 dehus in there.I like to call that padding the bill.

LeeCory

What is even funnier than 5-6 Dri-eaz 1200's, is that not one of them will pull below 53gpp.... LOL

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
(Edit by FCC) Brought over from ICS so this makes sense:

The dryer outlet wasn't used, the stove outlet wasn't used, no power distribution center was used, and no extention cords ran from outlets on the second floor. And the family stayed in the home which had 200 amp service.

Oh yeah, and there was no carpet. All laminate floor and ceramic tile. Water came from a washing machine supply line, took 7 days, billed for 5 and no flooring was pulled until after drying per the home-owner's instructions. No daily moisture map, and no environmental readings were ever taken.

Class 1 or Class 4?

It's not likely. You would need six dedicated 15 amp circuits (power outlet only, not lights) in lower level of the home to power 5 or 6 dri-eaz 1200's and 13-14 Sahara fans.
The restorer, in this case, handled this job as a class I loss. Class 4 differs from a class I due to deep pockets of saturation that require the use of a desiccant or low grain dehumidifier to achieve very low specific humidity, a specialty drying situation.

LeeCory

kmdineen said:
The restorer, in this case, handled this job as a class I loss. Class 4 differs from a class I due to deep pockets of saturation that require the use of a desiccant or low grain dehumidifier to achieve very low specific humidity, a specialty drying situation.

Why would you not need to go below 53gpp to dry the structure?

windmarkbob

Maybe he tried to bake it out with the 34,000+ BTU he was putting out with all that equipment?

Mr. Coffee

steve g

Name
steve garrett
6 1200's and 14 snail fans are gonna pull at least 103 amps, that is over 6 15 amp breakers without even a light being able to be turned on or anything else for that matter. , I know most basements that I work in you might have half that much power, you are gonna need cords going upstairs AND a power box that splits off 220 power. I will tell you that the main breaker on my entire house is 125 amps

This guy is not a restorer, merely an idiot who spent a lot of money on worthless (for WDR) dehus who is now performing a scam operation of people in need in oerder to recoup his poor investment.

A 1200 will only operate down to a dewpoint of 55 degrees, which means that they will only pull down to 66 grains per pound.
Adding more won't do anything but speed the rate at which they reach their failpoint.

An LGR has pre-cooler coils which allow them operate down to a dewpoint of 32 degrees (32 GPP).

The name says it Low Grain Refrigerant.

Then there are issues of vapor pressure differentials.

If someone is using 1200s on water jobs, they need to go back and update their training.If someone thinks that 2 1200s make an LGR they need to suspend all WDR operations until they update their training

wired

what if you keep the temp of the basement at 65 .That should make a difference.

LeeCory

I could be wrong, but what I think Wired was trying to say is that by keeping the temp at 65 it would improve the performance of the drieaz 1200 by not needing a pre-cooler... hence making it perform better.

Of course that is not how things work... But guys love their 1200's

Carry on

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I went to a demonstration with chuck dewald and he used a phoenix heater to move the temp up and increase the productivity of the machines by moving them as close to AHAM as posible. In two test there was a marginal difference.

Keepig the temp at 65 would also slow the trate of evaporation, greatly reducing the need for additional dehus.

Wrong answer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom