WDR Step by step info graphic anyone?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd like to make a info graphic that can be used on our website and as a handout in the client info packet. We already have a WDR briefing sheet but this would allow them to see the WDR process at glance and not have to read so much.

Anyone have anything similar? I don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to. :pig:

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I'd like to make a info graphic that can be used on our website and as a handout in the client info packet... I don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to. :pig:
In other words you want to shamelessly copy someone else's stuff instead of engaging in creative thought. Right? If so, welcome to the club!

Steve

PS Seriously, Richard, your in-print layout skills are improving. (I was impressed with the proof you sent Bill and me yesterday.) I guess you need to do SOMETHING to occupy your day other than just posting here! :)

However, I would strongly suggest your focus should be on your water damage landing pages for your web-site instead of filling up your tech's Job Folder with printed material. Why? Because you want to a) impress and b) educate the Insured immediately instead of waiting till the tech arrives. (If the Insured is focused on your website they won't be tempted to call someone else!)

Another advantage is your phone dispatcher can use the old "Let me send you some info right now on what you should be doing and not doing" trick to get the Insured's email address. So...

Your water loss landing page should include:

• Water damage safety tips.
  • A “What to do immediately” water loss checklist.
  • Tips on dealing with your insurance company.
  • Should you call in a professional or do it yourself?
  • How we can help you with our mitigation services.
  • Photos of your people and equipment working on other water losses.
HERE is the entire SFS post I lifted this copy from. (See, I steal stuff too!) :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
In other words you want to shamelessly copy someone else's stuff instead of engaging in creative thought. Right? If so, welcome to the club!
:headbang: LOL

I have been working on it already but not really pleased with it so I was hoping someone has something that might look better or convey the message better.

PS Seriously, Richard, your in-print layout skills are improving. (I was impressed with the proof you sent Bill and me yesterday.) I guess you need to do SOMETHING to occupy your day other than just posting here! :)
:redface: I just do it as a comp, then the pro has an idea of what I'm thinking

Another advantage is your phone dispatcher can use the old "Let me send you some info right now on what you should be doing and not doing" trick to get the Insured's email address. So...

Your water loss landing page should include:

• Water damage safety tips.
  • A “What to do immediately” water loss checklist.
  • Tips on dealing with your insurance company.
  • Should you call in a professional or do it yourself?
  • How we can help you with our mitigation services.
  • Photos of your people and equipment working on other water losses.

HERE is the entire SFS post I lifted this copy from. (See, I steal stuff too!) :)
Ok but they've already done the best thing they could possibly do.....they called us. :p

I was born for this shit.....the wdr....not the the sassy remarks.....the remarks were an acquired skill. :biggrin:

Its rough but I was thinking something like this????

WaterDamageInfoGraphic_zpsbd768070.jpg

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Looks pretty good.

Anyway to make water incident stand out more?
Took me a second to find the starting point.

Maybe start at top (12pm) like a clock?

Reactions: jcooper

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Here is one with some changes. As I said this isn't the finished product just a comp so I don't want you to get too caught up in the design. I'll have Philip Newell make it look much more professional.

The question I have is, do you think it is enough for the person with no restoration knowledge to understand the process? or Should the be some language for each step better defining what is being done?

WaterDamageInfoGraphic_zpse55ca3f4.jpg

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
How about putting cliff notes on the side explaining more.

Like the concept for sure.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That was a thought too. I could minimize the size of the design and then breakdown each step and the importance.

I'd like to be able to put the homeowners mind at ease about what is taking place the the direction the process will take them. So at a glance they can see where they progress is and know what the next step is towards completion.

As Steve T keeps telling me we are too wordy, a infographic will allow them to see the process. :winky:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
What makes you stand out as the company to go with. latest tech, personal team lead, 24 hour remote monitoring of the drying process, insurance liaison.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Consider adding a homeowner shaking hands with a tech and a home graphic where job completed is. Reads much better starting at 12.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I like it!
What do you think on print version of putting the text bubbles on back and the front can just be the infographic?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dan wants me to make the stages of progress in different color as it progresses. So I still have to change it again.

MS Publisher and saved as a jpeg.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This is what I did with it. I'm not even sure if this is how he wanted it. I haven't had a chance to get with him yet. Its been crazy busy and he's been out a lot.

I personally don't like it , maybe it's just too many colors? When I get it straight I'll post it here.

Thanks Hoody!

WaterDamageInfoGraphicPhases_zps4850fda0.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom