We bought a rug shop today.

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
We have several cleaners that have done very well with their rug cleaning plants. We have seen the increase in hard surfaces and area rugs reduce the amount of carpeting in the home. Have you taken any classes? Are you retaining any of the employees?

Chris A

Name
Chris
Congratulations on your purchase, I know its been quite a while since you first talked about it. I'm sure you will keep us updated with lots of pictures!

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
No sales. Just cleaning with a 50 year old MOR machine and drying room with 20 drying poles with electric powered cable lift. 1.5 million btu furnace and a spare furnace if this one ever dies. I had pics before my hard drive died a couple of weeks ago. We went about an hour south today to pick up 2008 Chevy3500 for only $7000. 142,000 miles, rides nice. Got a few scratches but will get covered. We'll get some pics tomorrow. New office manager starting Monday. I can't wait to turn the phones over to her.

Reactions: tmdry

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Merza was made by conersville I believe.

There are less of them around repair and parts can be an issue does it run?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Thanks Tom and others. There isn't a name on it. I didn't know anyone else made rug machines back then. Yes it works. There were originally 3 buildings but the one across the street sold separately and may be for sale again as there isn't enough space for their intentions. But we plan on moving the whole operation to a better neighborhood after we make our first million$.

Reactions: tmdry

Mikey P

Administrator
That's really cool Kevin, best of luck..

I have to ask, are you PASSIONATE a bout rugs?
Do you want to know without a benefit of a doubt that every fleck and nano-gram of soil has been removed before you dry, fluff and deliver the textile?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Mike,

Why do you have a TM when you could shampoo carpets the cost of running a business is so much less.
You could send marginally trained employees to jobs loaded in their own cars Vs. "the big truck"

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Merzas replace the flatbed of a flatbed brush machine with a cylinder. The idea was that dirt would be more easily removed from the opened nap and the overall length of the machine would be shorter.

Regular grease and oil are important, and there's a spiral gear that is often forgotten when oiling because it's hidden behind one of the big gear wheels on one end. If that gearset goes out having a new one made will cost a few thousand dollars. Given that the owner died rather than the company died from neglect the machinery is probably in decent condition, but I'd start right away on checking chain tensions, wringer roller condition and a lube job.

Hammond/Knoll in Tacoma and Culbertsons' in Salem Oregon have Merzas; they and others that run Merzas every day could give you some tips.

Good luck!

Reactions: dealtimeman

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Get real..

You give steam cleaning the equivalent of pit washing?

Lets not be ludicrous here Mr Hyde. .

Why are you distorting things mike I'm simply asking. These systems are faster and more profitable that a pit wash same is true with shampoo/ encap Vs. extraction systems. Theres no way you could set up your system and pre-vac, pre-spray , spot , extract, use air mover on a 20x20 area as fast as a slightly experienced x-con hopped up on crystal meth.

Whats stopping you from making the big money on carpet cleaning ?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Given that the owner died rather than the company died from neglect the machinery is probably in decent condition, but I'd start right away on checking chain tensions, wringer roller condition and a lube job.

I kinda wondered about this? Why didn't a manager or employee step up Vs. shutting down?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom