We did some Vct on sunday that i think came out awsome!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
let me know what you think, thinking of using pics as website content. pics were taken with iphone one hour after last coat.

e0109c17.jpg

225f2142.jpg

abcd6b02.jpg

e09a4421.jpg

c78a3f00.jpg

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Nice job! Man... we did a VCT job last week and it was NOT FUN! What products do you find work best for VCT to have the high gloss finish when you're done? Applying a sealer prior to the wax finish I know makes a big improvement but I feel like maybe the products we used were insufficient and made it more time consuming.

Anyway- looks great!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hey....you left some big ass ugly feet on the floor :x :x :x :x :x

good job

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Thanks guys!

The finish we use most of the time is premia from johnsons. I stopped using for about a year and put complaints into the Johnson rep about concerns with the longevity and slight yellowing of the finish. And he told me they changed the formulation a couple times about a year ago to be more voc compliant but that it should be consistent now. So we ordered some more and it has been working out great.

Here is some from the first time we started using premia again.

9df733c2.jpg

eee7165a.jpg

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
George,

I use a cheap home dopet finish mop and when I apply finish I throw down quick and most of the time heavy.

Ben most finishes now days are self sealing and do not require a sealer before the finish.

BUT if you find that a floor has been really mistreated and or is worn due to age use or whatever, by applying sealer ( almost all sealers have higher Nonvolatile solid totals than normal finishes) you build up a stronger more uniform coat on the floor, than say trying to stack finish and having most of the finish "disappear" into the tile because the tile is so porous and damaged. In other words sometimes it is necessary and sometimes not.

I will say if you compare the same floor with the same finish,only difference is one side you apply the correct sealer to it and the other side not. The side with the sealer will outlast,outshine out perform and will be more easily repairable than the side without sealer.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
When you guys strip a floor is it ok to use the TM to suck up the stripped junk? If not, what do you guys use?

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
That looks like the bottom of a swimming pool! Beautiful.

I wouldn't suck up emulsified floor finish with my truckmount. Cheap wet/dry vac.

I enjoyed doing VCT when we did it. I just couldn't make money at it. Or at I should say compared to carpet cleaning the profit margins sucked for such laborious/time consuming work.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Absurdi the strip and clean up is the most important, anytime you have a problem like you mention it is user error

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Jeremy N said:
When you guys strip a floor is it ok to use the TM to suck up the stripped junk? If not, what do you guys use?

dont even think about it! that should never cross your mind again. go and buy a 130 dollar shop vac and some squeegees.

i cant stress enough how importantit it is to rinse the floor untill the water in the bucket is still clear after you mop it. this is important if you want to get the floor the most clear ,shiny and the most depth out of the finish you are using.

most shortcuts or misteps in the process will more than likely show when you are finished.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dealtimeman said:
Jeremy N said:

dont even think about it! that should never cross your mind again. go and buy a 130 dollar shop vac and some squeegees.

i cant stress enough how importantit it is to rinse the floor untill the water in the bucket is still clear after you mop it. this is important if you want to get the floor the most clear ,shiny and the most depth out of the finish you are using.

most shortcuts or misteps in the process will more than likely show when you are finished.

DITTO.....why use a 15k TM to do the work of a $150 wet vac.....so you have to mop a few extra times WHO CARES...it aint worth plugging that TM up

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Stop using stripper and dealing with the time and mess and get yourself a SquareScrub

Youtube it. Makes stripping a floor actually fun!

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
MicahR said:
Stop using stripper and dealing with the time and mess and get yourself a SquareScrub

That looks like a cool gadget.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
For about six months with proper maintenance. The shine will gain clarity and a little depth with a couple of uhs buffs. The premia is a very good walking traffic finish does not do well to chair scratches and dragging stuff on floor. In our schools we have started a tennis ball service for this reason. The tennis ball seem to buy us a couple of more months looking good without recoating.

75f1df6a.jpg

434bf4cf.jpg

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier

Have you demo the machine? It doesn't solve tha many problems. It doesn't remove all the finish. You can achieve the same results with a maroon pad on a rotary.

I have started a chemical free wax removal program using this method

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
steve frasier said:

Have you demo the machine? It doesn't solve tha many problems. It doesn't remove all the finish. You can achieve the same results with a maroon pad on a rotary.

I have started a chemical free wax removal program using this method

I want to hear more about this.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
steve frasier said:
I want to hear more about this.

what do you want to hear
What's the best way to do it and are there circumstances where it doesn't work?

Gimme the low-down on the whole deal. I know nothing about VCt but I am considering doing more commercial carpet cleaning and vct.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I use Johnson Diversey RTD Fast Strip. It's calibrated and comes in a dispensing jug. SO MUCH stripper is made wrong, works wrong, and wastes a ton of money due to improper mixing. It also has no smell.

You can use it and miss spots. Just go back over the missed area with the black pad and a splash of water and it's done. Failsafe shit.

I also use High Mileage from Johnson as well. It sheens after 2 coats, and like the pictures after 3, or a burnish after 2.

In addition I use a Floor Wax Finishing System from Rubbermaid. It comes with 5 nylon pads in a dust mop type system that spreads wax evenly and allows it to dry much faster.

To date I have stripped and waxed over 100K ft. sq.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh damn not a 100k !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha!

the rubber maid system is slick....i like it much better

to date i have strip......

oh hell, i cant even count that high 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I need to find a place to get some good vct education. Where do I find that, dudes
?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom