we got 3-4 inches of rain yesterday morning!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Crazy day yesterday, parts of the city got 3-4 inches of rain yesterday morning. Turned a day off to a work day for nearly all of us. We received 14-water calls and we were able to process 10-of them. most of us worked till 7:00 one crew until 10:00.

Phone is ringing off the hook this morning, we already had a busy day of carpet cleaning and now have three crews out doing WDR work. Lots of estimates, rain water is rarely covered but there are some of them that were sump pumps.

Fun day! :icon_rolleyes:

Actually it's a zoo here!

Reactions: Mark Saiger

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I hate you guys (in a loving kinda way), 10 flood jobs I'd be happy as a kid w/ cotton candy.

I gotta start stocking up to that #10 in jobs, the last call I got like that was last year's halloween after the hurricane went thru, and the year prior had over 50 calls in 24-48 hours.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've done 6-more today but they all were smaller than yesterdays jobs.

Steve went on 8-estimates and we got one. :hopeless: However if were it a covered loss, those could be customers next time.

I think today will wind it up, hopefully everyone gets their basement addressed. It was just too much water all at one time.

My property was just flowing with water yesterday and the dry creek that runs under my drive was nearly as high as the road. Nutz!

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
So happy you got rain and the bonus of WDR jobs. Nothing but wind and blowing dust in these parts. You know it’s bad when you see yard signs that say “pray for rain” in the neighborhoods. My riding lawnmower went out. Took it to the repair guy. He said - beyond repair. I asked what he would buy if he was buying a new mower. He said “don’t spend your money on a new riding lawnmower until it starts to rain again. Just hire it out - you’ll only need 1 or 2 more mows between now and the Fall”. It’s bad folks!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Bet you could really use another rover right about now...how about you send the extreme extractor and $800 cash or I can run it on my PayPal Herw for $824 and ill send the rover and you keep the TI wand if you find it. I can send it tomorrow.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So happy you got rain and the bonus of WDR jobs. Nothing but wind and blowing dust in these parts. You know it’s bad when you see yard signs that say “pray for rain” in the neighborhoods. My riding lawnmower went out. Took it to the repair guy. He said - beyond repair. I asked what he would buy if he was buying a new mower. He said “don’t spend your money on a new riding lawnmower until it starts to rain again. Just hire it out - you’ll only need 1 or 2 more mows between now and the Fall”. It’s bad folks!
Amy, after two year of being behind on rain and we finally caught up. It's one of those be careful what you wish for, it's suppose to rain all week some severe thunderstorms this PM.

John yes the guys were on me for that Rover, gotta find that Ti wand or then it's back to buying a new because it will cost me about the same money by the time I pay for shipping too.

Grass? I'm cutting twice a week around the house and I'm trying to stretch to the pasture to once a week. It's growing like rice in patties out in the pasture, my weed whacker broke and the grass grew so high around the dog pen I couldn't see the dog for two weeks. Got it back last night and cut it down where we can see him again! LOL

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
We've done 6-more today but they all were smaller than yesterdays jobs.

Steve went on 8-estimates and we got one. :hopeless: However if were it a covered loss, those could be customers next time.

I know what you mean, just got a call this morning, rain water, already have 1-2 other companies going to give estimates...when I get these I'm half as interest to be honest, most are a waste and demand all the pricing upfront w/ no sense of urgency to get it started.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had one guy that out smarted us last night he was on the estimate list for today but said he wanted the work done last night instead. We send the crew and once there he asks how much more last night vs this AM. They give him the difference and he decides he wants to wait until this AM. :hopeless:

Sometimes I hate rain work!

We just sent a crew up north to a home that lost a piece of their roof from a tornado last night. A little water and glass cleanup, maybe a pack out later.

Weather here is just crazy this week.

Three more wets basements just called in. :eekk: already had a busy week of carpet cleaning and now this! Dan is also out looking at a fire.

I better go find my water boots, just in case we get another call. :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
That's great Richard!

We were like that last week pulling 12-15 hour days, now back to normal.

Bill go and do the estimate but before you give it to them, just flat out ask them what they WANT?

If you have Any chance at the job they will tell you exactly what they want and you will make a choice if you want to do what they are wanting you to do.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks, actually unless this continues we are plenty good on equipment, trucks.

I could use the Rover but not a have to we have xtreme extractors still. I could use a another crew or two but that's how it always goes. That's how this business is, feast or famine.

It's feast this week.......probably famine next. :biggrin:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
That's great Richard!

We were like that last week pulling 12-15 hour days, now back to normal.

Bill go and do the estimate but before you give it to them, just flat out ask them what they WANT?

If you have Any chance at the job they will tell you exactly what they want and you will make a choice if you want to do what they are wanting you to do.

He was looking for someone to just take care of the carpet, not any drying, and he confirmed that he knows he will have mold issues, it was basically a fierced price shopper, thinking it'll be a few hundred bucks.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
It’s been all around us, but we can’t catch a break. Same folks keep getting the moisture - mainly the areas that are covered up with concrete - just ain’t right! Most farmers in the area aren’t planting any summer crops to follow the wheat. That is why I bought a carpet cleaning business! If things don’t improve, my sweetie is going to the oilfield!

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
WOW! That looks like the gravel road after the county lays fresh gravel.

It's raining now and supposed to for the next two days. I'll trade! :winky:

One of the crews is working today at a home that lost part of the roof to a tornado that passed through their town. The windows were blown out, glass imbedded into the drywall, their silo was destroyed. Neighbors house was destroyed car flipped up and mangled in the front yard. Trees and power lines down all over the place. Makes getting in and out of the area a real pain.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_...rnadoes-leave-trail-of-destruction-in-kansas/

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Did you get his hundreds?

I've done it before when we weren't busy w/ CC, but when we are busy it is just not worth it if I am not doing the full dry out. He wanted all the water out, dried, new padding, reinstalled for a few hundred, not gonna happen.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
my weed whacker broke
the little clear fuel line from the tank to the carb...kinked...right?
it's either that or ya pullt to hard on the cord...........:cry:

wud they charge ya?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Some dumbass :icon_redface: put a new head on but forgot to put the gear drive and it has a hole to lock the gears from turning so you can spin the head off and on. Without that the head spins and you cannot get it off because the gears spin too. $60.00 but they gave it a tune up too. Runs great spent a couple of hours Tuesday night and an hour last night weed eating (NOT that kind of weed bawb). We got 2-more inches of rain last night, its a marsh land out there.

We're now getting calls from KC....an hours drive but for WDR I think we can swing it. Maybe.

Back
Top Bottom