Website Action

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
A guy over on the ICS Board claims he is getting 4-7 jobs a week. That would be nice. I have had a few calls from mine. Maybe 2 a year.

Golden Boy

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I've been getting 6-8 jobs per month since I published it about three months ago. By far the best marketing I've done. Very little cost (me and my wife built it, so it's not the prettiest) and very little effort once it's up.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I got my site up and running in Feb. so far only 5 or 6 jobs but hey,,,it was a pretty good return on investment. I get anywhere from 5-65 page views a day but I guess they are all looking for a price without calling. I did have a pricing page but I removed it just to see if folks would call.

DannyD

Heya Waldo,

I'm not sure what city ya live in but that's got a lot to do w/ how much business your site can get ya. I've got front page rankings for my city but not one call. I'm in a rust belt city though. Front page rankings in Silicon Valley or a big city like Chicago are going to get ya a lot of business. Front page rankings in the sticks or Rust Belt isn't gonna get ya much.

So if you're on the front page, & aren't getting any business, there isn't a lot ya can do about it.

Take care & good luck,
Danny

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
DannyD said:
Heya Waldo,

I'm not sure what city ya live in but that's got a lot to do w/ how much business your site can get ya. I've got front page rankings for my city but not one call. I'm in a rust belt city though. Front page rankings in Silicon Valley or a big city like Chicago are going to get ya a lot of business. Front page rankings in the sticks or Rust Belt isn't gonna get ya much.

So if you're on the front page, & aren't getting any business, there isn't a lot ya can do about it.

Take care & good luck,
Danny

I would only slightly disagree. You need not just front page but top two or three and if you can't get that, then you could try a pay-per-click campaign. Also keep in mind that something like 50% of all searches are done with google, 30% with yahoo and the last 20% is spread out among a whole lot of search engines, including msn,lyco,ask,etc,etc. Also even if you are in the sticks it would make sense to get a website up. The cost is next to nothing and everyone is moving more and more to the internet to find service providers, even people in the sticks although a little slower than urban areas.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I've been doing a lot of back end work on mine and moved up in ranks. It's not about just having a web site but having it optimized. Hiring a pro to do this makes sense unless you're willing to learn and do it yourself. Andrechelle's sites seem to get some great rankings, ex; Greg's is #2 and 3 in google.

One thing that helps is link trading with other sites that are similiar to yours with high rankings. Other cleaners and cleaning directories would be a good start. Some sites have no internal optimization but have a lot of links comming back to them and get high rankings. For instance, the front page of this bb has a ranking of 3 and doesn't seem to be internally optimized.

Albert

Scott

If Mikey changed the title/tags to something...hmmm...more industry forum like, he'd probably pick up some cleaners/restorers who were trolling google looking for a perfect industry forum.

Scott

Greg Loe

The only sites that usually come up before mine are yellow pages, not other cleaners sites.

Jimbo

Hey tardoboy...maybe if it was correctly named you'd get more jobs

Jimbo...owner of SecurityCarpetCare.com

DannyD

This board is the 1,487,136th most popular site in the world. Not to bad considering it's got a pretty select audience & it hasn't been up that long. He does have links coming in here. About 50 each from Yahoo & Alta Vista. Just none from Google, & that's the biggie.

All in all he's doing well w/ this thing considering how long it's been up & the small target audience.

Take care,
Danny

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
The trick with google links is if the linking site does not have a pr of at least 4 google does not count it. That is why you'll always see more links through yahoo,msn,etc.

This board is the 1,487,136th most popular site in the world

This is not exactly true. It is the 1,487,136th most popular site among alexa toolbar users or firefox users with search extention add-on installed. Not exactly an accurate sampling of the general population. :wink:

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Good to know Joe. Scott, I believe the reason that the bb doesn't come up is because there are no metatags with those keywords. I would think if they are added we will see it climbing in searches for those keywords fairly quickly. From what I know Page Rank has to do with the quality and amount of external links it has pointing to it. An outside link to your site is like a vote that your page is creditable.

Albert

Scott

Albert, you are exactly right about Page Rank. The more relevant backlinks, the better.

As for not showing up on the first page in Google for certain key words, it's because of a few things. The title is one major reason, but I know once Markie Mark Cermak gets some freedom, that'll be changed. Also the headline tags could be optimized as well as a copyright template.

Mark knows this stuff so Mikeysboard.com will be up to on top in a jiffy, I'm sure.

Scott

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Listen crackpipe. I could give a Rats Ass about Mikeysboard when talking about websites. I am worried about ****** World.

Golden Boy

Scott

Take notes, Waldo. You're already on the first page in Google. It's time to get some backlinks to bump up your PR.

Scott

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom