website critique

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Well done but way too dark.
You need to put some keywords in there if you want it to work better.

I don't like the cleaning pics...they should be more friendly to the housewife (beating a dead horse)

It's well organized but your links get lost in the darkness.
liven up the colors a little.
Take off the pics of the vans and wands...good God.
I think the green works...but I don't like the black.

All in all it's a lot better than most on the board..including Melon Heads.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I went back and looked at the organzation of the site and it's really good. consistent.

I will usually judge by the first page above the fold and your's does well...except for what's mentioned above.

You are marketing to residential right? I like the flash around the Appleby but I've heard flash messes up your SEO...I still haven't looked into that.

I would put a still pic of you or your family somewhere.

I didn't see any mention of pet treatments or anything of the like that might be what a home owner is looking for.
professional site...I couldn't even come close to doing anything like that. Very professional.

So two major things that I would change are the pic of the vans and the black background.

Hope this helps.

A

amazingcleansc

Thats literally one of the best ones I've seen.

in the explanation of sealers there is a green apple sitting on a tile floor with beaded up water all around it. beautiful.

The flash file up front lists services as if it were a menu and when you click on a service, that whole bar disappears when you navigate away. I would just stick to the left sidebar.

thats all i got. I had my black leather gloves on, jar of lube and knuckles cracked too. dang.

nice website.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
dont make me run you out of town,.......with your fancy web sites and clean looking trucks.....your taking food right of my plate

keep it up and i will take you down ...i will take you down to hackers town

A

amazingcleansc

oh my god and the reviews change based on you mousing over different services. and the reviews are by retailers who say they've used you for 20 years. spectacular. are you ready to DOMINATE your market in 2010?

B

Bill G. Martin

Nice Looking site Joe....!!

And Kadooo's to my friend in Canada, Your website devloper.....Mr. Mike Manahan of Cyclone Solutions...Also devloper of Mistral 2000 fame......

Nice job Gentlemen!

Bill in central Florida

rick imby

Name
Rick
I like it Joe. I bet your mom is proud too. She is the only other person that has seen it except the goons on this site---me included.

When you click on carpet cleaning the picture that comes up is a guy cleaning a rug with a baby on the side??

I like the traffic jam in front of your warehouse with all the vans. Shut up Brian You don't have many links--only 54? You have had the site 11 years and only 54 links? Basic SEO will get you better rankings. Do you rank well for your chosen cities? I looked at 5 and you weren't in the top 30 for any of them? The best website that doesn't rank in the top 10 is not worth a hoot.

It is a great site but if no one sees it your old one was better with a SEO project done on it.

The smallest print on the page is the phone numbers? Some people have old eyes and cannot see very well----Darn I am a representative of that.

Rick

G

Great looking site, I like the animated logo. Your website is just missing on page SEO, which is content, keywords (in content, title tags, headers etc..) The website looks great, but it needs help being found.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Rick Wrote
The smallest print on the page is the phone numbers? Some people have old eyes and cannot see very well

Good one...I usually look for that. The phone number...and email of course...should be all the way to the right...but you'll have to take off the traffice jam pic :mrgreen: Ok, I'll shut up about it. :oops:

I'll have to go back and see if you click on the main logo does it bring you back to the home page...that's important as well.

Edit: Nope, when you try to click on the log....nuthin.
You should be able to click on the log...and then be brought back to the home page from any page.

What was said.....Pretty isn't enough if no body sees it....get some SEO and your site will do fine as is.....but it can always be better.

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
We do still have to touch base with the SEO keywords but couldn't put that into effect until we went live. The site just went up.
Anything else?

Mike, good question.

The reason I stopped doing emergency service is because I have enough emergencies in my life. We will respond if we can fit it in between 8-5 , M-F. It's mainly water, fire and smoke I'm referring to. We'll refer that out and get a referral fee.

I have Judson Juice if you need it.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I like it too. Especially that non-model type doing the upholstery cleaning. Lets customers know they aren't going to get Fabio to clean their stuff. !gotcha!

You have a multiple looks for your trucks with the large photos on the sides, so having them all together shows the customer that all of those looks are yours and all are tied together with the green stripe. I'm haivng to work to find a nit to pick, but I'd crop out the neighbor's car and garage in that picture.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom